Dear Members,

I am running Master Master replication.

db1
db2

db1 running fine but on db2 side replication stop due to this error

Slave_IO_State:
Master_Host: 10.0.0.130
Master_User: slaveusr
Master_Port: 3306
Connect_Retry: 60
Master_Log_File: std
Read_Master_Log_Pos: 64
Relay_Log_File: db2-relay-bin.000160
Relay_Log_Pos: 4
Relay_Master_Log_File: std
Slave_IO_Running: No
Slave_SQL_Running: Yes
Replicate_Do_DB:
Replicate_Ignore_DB:
Replicate_Do_Table:
Replicate_Ignore_Table:
Replicate_Wild_Do_Table:
Replicate_Wild_Ignore_Table:
Last_Errno: 0
Last_Error:
Skip_Counter: 0
Exec_Master_Log_Pos: 64
Relay_Log_Space: 106
Until_Condition: None
Until_Log_File:
Until_Log_Pos: 0
Master_SSL_Allowed: No
Master_SSL_CA_File:
Master_SSL_CA_Path:
Master_SSL_Cert:
Master_SSL_Cipher:
Master_SSL_Key:
Seconds_Behind_Master: NULL
Master_SSL_Verify_Server_Cert: No
Last_IO_Errno: 1236
Last_IO_Error: Got fatal error 1236 from master when reading
data from binary log: 'Could not find first log file name in binary log
index file'
Last_SQL_Errno: 0
Last_SQL_Error:
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

Would you please help me what should i do?

Umar Draz

Search Discussions

  • Sabika Gmail at Jan 1, 2011 at 12:48 pm
    You log has expired. If you don't have the logs mysql is looking for you will have to rebuild replication

    Sabika
[...]

  • Tears ! at Jan 1, 2011 at 1:14 pm
    Hi Sabika,

    I have set *expire_logs_days = 10* on both servers.

    Is this suitable for production server? or any other possiblity?.

    Regards,

    Umar

    --
    Umar Draz
    Network Administrator

    Best regards.
    --
    Wagner Bianchi

    On Sat, Jan 1, 2011 at 5:48 PM, Sabika Gmail <sabika.makhdoom@gmail.com
[...]

  • Database System at Jan 2, 2011 at 2:10 pm
    I don't think it is that simple. Was the replication suddently stopped? Or there was a server reboot, or it stopped for a while and you saw this message after you resume hte replication? The reason I ask, because you setup binlog expire 7 days, the slave should not behine master that far. Therefore, on normal replication, it(binlog) won't expire before slave reads it.

    Lisa

[...]

  • Shawn Green (MySQL) at Jan 3, 2011 at 1:07 pm

[...]

    I think your situation will make better sense if I help to explain the
    message.

    Replication operates by duplicating a sequence of changes recorded on
    the master to the slave where the same sequence of changes are repeated.
    The master records its sequence to a "binary log file". The slave then
    copies that into a "relay log file" with the SLAVE IO thread so that the
    SLAVE SQL thread can step through the file and apply the same sequence
    of changes to the logical image of the data on the slave.

    To keep track of which file names are in use, both sides of the
    replication process use .index files. These index files keep a running
    inventory of the binary logs or relay logs on their respective systems.
    This error message indicates that the binary log file on the master that
    you want the slave to use for replication is not listed in that index
    file. This makes perfect sense once you look at the actual file name
    that the slave thinks should be a binary log

    Relay_Master_Log_File: std

    Binary and Relay log files are sequentially numbered. Check your
    settings again then use a CHANGE MASTER TO... command on the slave to
    reset your replication coordinates. After you have pointed the slave at
    the correct binlog to use, issue a START SLAVE command to resume
    replication.

    --
    Shawn Green
    Oracle USA, Inc.