Hi All,

I finally got MySQL++ (1.7.40) built with one of the included console
based examples. Now I am struggling with building MySQL++ along with
WxWidgets using MinGW Developer Studio. All I do is include
mysql++.h into the main header and I get the following error from the
coldata.h file:

..\Shared\MySQL\1.7.40\lib\coldata.h: In member function `Type
mysqlpp::ColData_Tmpl<Str>::conv(Type) const':
..\Shared\MySQL\1.7.40\lib\coldata.h:298: error: cannot use typeid
with -fno-rtti

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Regards,

Diilb

Search Discussions

  • Warren Young at Jul 20, 2005 at 10:14 pm

    Robin wrote:

    I finally got MySQL++ (1.7.40) built
    Pray tell, how? I spent a few hours last night trying to get a MySQL C
    API DLL import library that would link, but failed.
    ..\Shared\MySQL\1.7.40\lib\coldata.h:298: error: cannot use typeid
    with -fno-rtti
    So don't do that, then. -fno-rtti turns off run-time type
    identification, which is indeed required by MySQL++.
  • Robin at Jul 21, 2005 at 12:38 am

    Pray tell, how? I spent a few hours last night trying to get a MySQL C
    API DLL import library that would link, but failed.
    On the MySQL++ FAQ under "Will it build under Cygwin?"
    All I did was follow those instructions to do the dll exports with the
    help of http://www.emmestech.com/software/cygwin/pexports-0.43/moron1.html

    After torturing myself for about an hour, and satisfying MingGW Dev
    Studio requirements... I got it all working with 1.7.40. And it is
    way better then the older API which I downloaded and have been using
    from like a year ago.

    Anyway if you need more info... let me know.
    So don't do that, then. -fno-rtti turns off run-time type
    identification, which is indeed required by MySQL++.
    I had the C++ runtime & Expection handling options turned off in my
    project settings... dah. :p
  • Warren Young at Jul 22, 2005 at 2:14 pm

    Robin wrote:

    On the MySQL++ FAQ under "Will it build under Cygwin?"
    All I did was follow those instructions to do the dll exports
    Hmmmm...I was hoping you'd done something I didn't know about already.

    Can you please send me the DEF file that pexports made on your system,
    and let me know what version of MySQL you made it from? Thanks.
  • Robin at Jul 22, 2005 at 4:13 pm
    Hmmm... I am not sure what version of the libmysql.dll I used however
    I will email the def & dll directly to you.

    I had to modify the def as per the "moron" instructions I linked to in
    my latest post.

    Regards.