Hello

I've got some problems with installing mysql++ on mac os x (10.3).
I want to use them with cocoa.
I downloaded the binary distribution mysql++ 1.7.9 and ran ./configure.1 .
Then i got a message that i should specify the host type. But i don't know
what to specify.
So could you please tell me what to specify or tell me where i can find a
manual that tells me how to install mysql++ on Mac Os x (10.3) for usage with
cocoa.

thank you

Mario verhounig

  • Sinisa Milivojevic at Feb 16, 2004 at 2:07 pm

    Mario wrote:

    Hello

    I've got some problems with installing mysql++ on mac os x (10.3).
    I want to use them with cocoa.
    I downloaded the binary distribution mysql++ 1.7.9 and ran ./configure.1 .
    Then i got a message that i should specify the host type. But i don't know
    what to specify.
    So could you please tell me what to specify or tell me where i can find a
    manual that tells me how to install mysql++ on Mac Os x (10.3) for usage with
    cocoa.

    thank you

    Mario verhounig
    It depends on the compiler that you are using.

    There is a binary tar ball with already built library.

    Try to use that one. But it is made for GCC 2.95.*.

    If you have a different compiler, you have to build from source and
    apply patches.

    Also, do not run automake / autoconf, but only configure.

    It should work fine.

    --

    Sincerely,

    --
    For technical support contracts, go to https://order.mysql.com/?ref=msmi
    __ ___ ___ ____ __

    Meet the MySQL at User Conference ! (April 14-16, 2004)
    http://www.mysql.com/uc2004/
  • Richard Stelling at Feb 16, 2004 at 8:46 pm
    Hi,

    After getting the simple1.cc (in examples) to compile in gcc 3.3 on my Mac OS X box, it won't link because of some odd undefined symbols, something to do with strings. What source code am i missing?

    Richard

groupplusplus @
categoriesmysql
postedFeb 15, '04 at 8:39p