----- Forwarded message from "Scott M. Duke-Sylvester" <sylv@tiem.utk.edu> -----

Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2003 12:04:02 -0400
From: "Scott M. Duke-Sylvester" <sylv@tiem.utk.edu>
To: Markus Gerwinski <markus@gerwinski.de>
Subject: Re: mysql++ make failure

Markus,
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. Sorry, I should have
included those details. I was frustrated when I posted. Not with mysql++,
but with the problem I'm currently trying to solve.

I'm trying to compile mysql++ on Sun Solaris 8 using the Sun
WorkShop 6 C++ compiler, since according to what I have read, gcc 2.95.3
doesn't work. (I don't have very much control over the gcc compiler, I'm
not the sysadmin here). Since the problem with gcc is exceptions, and
exceptions seem to work in Workshop 6, I thought I would try to compile
with that. I passed the CC=cc and CXX=CC defs to ./configure. However, I
can't get passed the makefile error. I'm using GNU make version 3.79.1.
Again, I have limited control over the version of make. The errors listed
in the original message are what I get from make. When I check out line 222
in the Makefile in ./mysql++-1.7.9/sqlplusint I see make code that is
beyond my ability to understand. Line 222 looks like :

AMDEP_TRUE@@am__include@ @am__quote@$(DEPDIR)/coldata.Plo@am__quote@

I did look through the list of patches, and none of them appear to apply to
my situation. If I can get past the makefile problem I might be able to
come up with a patch for mysql++ that will allow the code to compile on
systems similar to mine.

I'm only responding to you in this e-mail. If the message should also be
posted to the list, let me know, or just post it if you like.

cheers,
scott.

--On Thursday, September 4, 2003 5:12 PM +0200 Markus Gerwinski