Hi (Again),

Still no luck. I'm trying to build libmysqld as a shared library for use in a
project. I'd rather not link it statically into my project......
I'm using 5.0.15.

According to the documentation, I'll have to configure with
--enable-shared=yes and --with-embedded-server. The result in the end is a
*static* library.. Not good...

Bruce Martin pointed me to the documentation to build a shared library from
static ones... So.. Let's re-link then (All the .o files are present, so it
must be possible but..... ) but with 102 files, the combinations are
endless...

Is there anybody who can tell me how to build a libmysqld.so with "normal"
configure options? I've tried almost every possible swith I can think of...

Regards,

Peter

Search Discussions

  • Warren Young at Nov 10, 2005 at 9:04 pm

    Peter M. Groen wrote:

    Still no luck. I'm trying to build libmysqld as a shared library for use in a
    project.
    This is a platform-specific issue. I don't see anything in this message
    or your previous thread that tells the details about your platform.
    What compiler, what operating system, what version of everything....
  • Peter M. Groen at Nov 10, 2005 at 9:59 pm

    Still no luck. I'm trying to build libmysqld as a shared library for use
    in a project.
    This is a platform-specific issue. I don't see anything in this message
    or your previous thread that tells the details about your platform.
    What compiler, what operating system, what version of everything....
    Ok. No problem. Doesn't work on FC4 (2.6.13-1.1532_FC4smp) with gcc 4.0.1 and
    MySQL 5.0.15
    *and* RHEL3 Update1 (Taroon) (32-bit and 64 version), gcc version 3.2.3
    20030502 (Red Hat Linux 3.2.3-24)

    Hope this helps. If you need more info, please let me know.

    Regards,

    Peter

groupmysql @
categoriesmysql
postedNov 10, '05 at 8:37p
activeNov 10, '05 at 9:59p
websitemysql.com
irc#mysql

2 users in discussion

Peter M. Groen: 2 posts Warren Young: 1 post