What should the permissions be for the MySQL 5 install on Mac OS X. By
default it was Owner = System Group = wheel.

Could someone give me a list of directories and what owner:group
settings I should have?

Bruce Martin
The Martin Solution
PO Box 644
Delaware Water Gap, PA
(570) 421-0670
bruce@martinsolution.com

Search Discussions

  • Michael Stassen at Oct 31, 2005 at 4:17 pm

    Bruce Martin wrote:
    What should the permissions be for the MySQL 5 install on Mac OS X. By
    default it was Owner = System Group = wheel.

    Could someone give me a list of directories and what owner:group
    settings I should have?

    Bruce Martin
    The Martin Solution
    PO Box 644
    Delaware Water Gap, PA
    (570) 421-0670
    bruce@martinsolution.com
    Usually, the mysql directory and its contents are owned by root, except the data
    directory and its contents, which must be owned by mysql. Groups don't matter
    to mysql itself, but are useful externally. Group wheel is fine for the
    root-owned stuff, but group mysql is typical for the mysql-owned data directory,
    including contents. This is described in the manual
    <http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/installing-binary.html>.

    Michael

groupmysql @
categoriesmysql
postedOct 30, '05 at 2:35p
activeOct 31, '05 at 4:17p
websitemysql.com
irc#mysql

2 users in discussion

Michael Stassen: 1 post Bruce Martin: 1 post