Please see the attached output of the bug report and an output file of the
messages that came out in the screen on Sun Solaris 8 while running the
mysql_install_db for MySQL version 4,1.14, 64 bit. I got the same message
for 32 bit version also. I tried MySQL version 4,1.12, 64 bit and 32 bit
all failed with the same message and in every case there was no log file
in mysql/data directory.
Please check. If you need further information please let me know.

Thanks.

Helal Khan
Sr. Manager, SDC
Two Metrotech, 8th Floor
Brooklyn, NY 11201
Tel: 212.383.4000
Fax:212.383.4325
E-mail: hkhan@siac.com

This message and its attachments may contain privileged and confidential
information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), you are prohibited
from printing, forwarding, saving or copying this email. If you have
received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender and
delete this e-mail and its attachments from your computer.

Search Discussions

  • Sgreen at Aug 30, 2005 at 8:55 pm

    Please see the attached output of the bug report and an output file
    of the messages that came out in the screen on Sun Solaris 8 while
    running the mysql_install_db for MySQL version 4,1.14, 64 bit. I got
    the same message for 32 bit version also. I tried MySQL version 4,1.
    12, 64 bit and 32 bit all failed with the same message and in every
    case there was no log file in mysql/data directory.
    Please check. If you need further information please let me know.

    Thanks.

    Helal Khan
    Sr. Manager, SDC
    Two Metrotech, 8th Floor
    Brooklyn, NY 11201
    Tel: 212.383.4000
    Fax:212.383.4325
    E-mail: hkhan@siac.com
    How are you trying to install MySQL? Are you following the Official MySQL
    Installation Documentation (
    http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/installing.html) or something else?

    Please, do not attach files to your messages. Many (if not most) of the
    people on this list (including me) will NOT read them. I am not a Solaris
    expert but there are several very good ones that do monitor this list.
    Please repost your errors inline and do not forget to CC the list on all

    Shawn Green
    Database Administrator
    Unimin Corporation - Spruce Pine
  • Logan, David (SST - Adelaide) at Aug 30, 2005 at 9:18 pm
    Hi,

    Your error message

    khanstation# scripts/mysql_install_db --user=mysql
    Installing all prepared tables
    ld.so.1: ./bin/mysqld: fatal: libz.so.1: open failed: No such file or
    directory <----------------------------------------------------------

    means you don't have zlib installed or you don't have it in your
    LD_LIBRARY_PATH. You can put in into your default path by using the crle
    command (man crle) and you can get this from http://www.sunfreeware.com
    if you don't have it installed.

    I notice you had --with-named-z-libs=no, try taking this out and letting
    ./configure find out where the z libraries are. The definition for this
    option is :

    --with-named-z-libs=ARG
    Use specified zlib libraries instead of
    those automatically found by configure.

    and it is probably looking for a path called "no". If you need to
    disable it, then try using --without-named-z-libs (I may be wrong here
    but that is my reading of the configure --help screen) or leave it out
    altogether.

    Regards

    David Logan
    Database Administrator

[...]