Hi, all:
I use root login to create a new databse in the existing server.
Then I use the existing user name in the mysql user table as user name,
add the database and username .. info into mysql db table. Then
mysqladmin to load the table. When I login the database using the
existing user name, I
only can see previously existing database without seeing the new added
database. What is the problem ?
Thanks a lot.

Yong

Search Discussions

  • Sgreen at Aug 25, 2004 at 8:03 pm
    If you do not use the GRANT, REVOKE, and DROP USER statements to create
    and destroy user accounts, you must manually FLUSH PRIVILEGES. It's all
    documented in the manual:

    http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/GRANT.html

    and in even more detail here:

    http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/User_Account_Management.html

    Shawn Green
    Database Administrator
    Unimin Corporation - Spruce Pine

    I use root login to create a new databse in the existing server.
    Then I use the existing user name in the mysql user table as user name,
    add the database and username .. info into mysql db table. Then
    mysqladmin to load the table. When I login the database using the
    existing user name, I
    only can see previously existing database without seeing the new added
    database. What is the problem ?
    Thanks a lot.

    Yong

  • Sgreen at Aug 27, 2004 at 4:01 pm
    I could write the statement for you if you could answer these three
    things:

    1) which user account would you like to modify the permissions of.
    2) which database are you granting access to
    3) what permissions do you want the user account of 1) to have on the
    database of 2)

    Respectfully,