Hello

Any help would be appreciated.

i have problem adding user to mysql. I can create a database and there is no
problem however I got this ERROR 1047: Unknown command when I tried to add
new user. I don't think I have this problem before.

I run this command

GRANT ALL ON *.* TO usename IDENTIFIED BY 'password' ;

All I got is this ERROR 1047: Unknown command

Thanks,

Hiep

Search Discussions

  • Victoria Reznichenko at Mar 24, 2004 at 9:28 am

    "Hiep Ho" wrote:
    i have problem adding user to mysql. I can create a database and there is no
    problem however I got this ERROR 1047: Unknown command when I tried to add
    new user. I don't think I have this problem before.

    I run this command

    GRANT ALL ON *.* TO usename IDENTIFIED BY 'password' ;

    All I got is this ERROR 1047: Unknown command
    Execute FLUSH PRIVILEGES and then GRANT command.

    / |/ /_ __/ __/ __ \/ / Victoria Reznichenko
    / /|_/ / // /\ \/ /_/ / /__ victoria.reznichenko@ensita.net
    /_/ /_/\_, /___/\___\_\___/ MySQL AB / Ensita.net
    <___/ www.mysql.com

groupmysql @
categoriesmysql
postedMar 24, '04 at 6:32a
activeMar 24, '04 at 9:28a
websitemysql.com
irc#mysql

2 users in discussion

Victoria Reznichenko: 1 post Hiep Ho: 1 post