I am a Sun solaris 5.6 user.

I do not have su or any other system permissions

We have PERL5.005 on the box

We do not have DBD::mysql

So I wanted to install that module into my private library.

Mysql server is on a remote unix box

So when I try to install the DBD::mysql module its looking for client and
development file of the mysql.

Please tell which is the best way to get these files.Also let me know if I
am missing something. I tried to download mysql source and run the configure
-server option...but running into permissions problems.

If I can download those files from anywhere,please let me where I cant get
them.

Thanks,

Santosh

Search Discussions

  • Tammy Barbee at Aug 11, 2003 at 7:33 pm
    I have uninstall and reinstall mysql 2 to 3 three times at my home. I am trying to create a database by doing some inserts but it will not let me. It is just blank. I would really like to know what I am doing wrong or do I just need to remove all the components and start over again?
    I do not know what the problem is and I need help.

    Tammy
  • Victoria Reznichenko at Aug 12, 2003 at 10:20 am

    "tammy.barbee@usdoj.gov" wrote:
    I have uninstall and reinstall mysql 2 to 3 three times at my home. I am trying to create a database by doing some inserts but it will not let me. It is just blank. I would really like to know what I am doing wrong or do I just need to remove all the components and start over again?
    I do not know what the problem is and I need help.
    Please, describe what exactly did you do.
    You can find examples how to create database, tables at:
    http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Database_use.html

    / |/ /_ __/ __/ __ \/ / Victoria Reznichenko
    / /|_/ / // /\ \/ /_/ / /__ victoria.reznichenko@ensita.net
    /_/ /_/\_, /___/\___\_\___/ MySQL AB / Ensita.net
    <___/ www.mysql.com

groupmysql @
categoriesmysql
postedAug 6, '03 at 4:23a