Greetings,

I'm trying to create a database and then adding a
specialized user so it can work with it, but so far i
got no luck:

[josevnz@localhost josevnz]$ mysql -u root -p -h
localhost.localdomain
Enter password:
Welcome to the MySQL monitor. Commands end with ; or
\g.
Your MySQL connection id is 11 to server version:
4.0.12

Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the
buffer.

mysql> use mysql;
Database changed
mysql> CREATE DATABASE test_cvebrowser;
Query OK, 1 row affected (0.00 sec)

mysql> GRANT SELECT,INSERT,UPDATE,DELETE,CREATE,DROP
ON test_cvebrowser.* TO
'test_cvebrowser_user'@'localhost.localdomain'
IDENTIFIED BY 'cv3br0ws3r';
ERROR 1044: Access denied for user: 'root@127.0.0.1'
to database 'test_cvebrowser'
mysql>

Any ideas what's wrong? (must be something pretty
simple, but no cigar so far). I don't understand why
the error if i managed to connect the first time.

I'm using:
- Redhat Linux 8.0
- MySQL 4.0.12 (fresh install)

PD: I already checked the documentation at
'http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Database_use.html', but
no luck.

Thanks in advance,

JV.

Search Discussions

  • Ag315 at Apr 2, 2003 at 4:27 am
    mysql> use mysql;
    mysql> update user set grant_priv = 'Y' where user = 'root';
    mysql> flush privileges

    and reconnect to mysql server as root user and
    retry grant clause. You'll be happy!!! ^^
[...]

  • "José" Vicente "Núñez" Zuleta at Apr 2, 2003 at 12:55 pm
    Cool!. That solved my problem; I don't understand why
    doing a grant all didn't fix the permissions but here
    is my ant output now:

    [josevnz@localhost cvebrowser]$ ant test
    Buildfile: build.xml

    init:

    build:

    jar:

    test:
    [echo] Testing using the following classpath:
    /usr/share/java/junit.jar:test:/usr/share/java/log4j.jar:build:/usr/share/mysql-connector-java-3.0.6-stable/mysql-connector-java-3.0.6-stable-bin.jar.
    [echo] Creating test database test_cvebrowser and
    tables
    [sql] Executing commands
    [sql] 4 of 4 SQL statements executed
    successfully
    [echo] Tests summary will go to test/TEST-*
    [junit] Running
    cvebrowser.test.RunAllDownloadTests
    [junit] Tests run: 3, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time
    elapsed: 2.019 sec
    [echo] Drop test database test_cvebrowser and
    tables
    [sql] Executing commands
    [sql] 5 of 5 SQL statements executed
    successfully