I can't add a new user or I don't know the proper way to log into the
server. I added a user; call him webley. Ran my sql statement to insert into
the user and db tables. Granted all rights because I was unsure how many
rights my cgi script would need. It does need to create new tables and
populate data. when I try to log in as that user, "mysql -u webley -p
icesql" I get the prompt for a password but after entering I get "access
denied". The "icesql" is in the db table and webley does have rights in the
db table for that database. Can someone tell me if I am missing the big
flick?

Brian Duke
CTIP/TNT CFP IPSA
Level(3) Communication
(720) 888-7797
=----=-=-=-=-=--==--==¬

Search Discussions

  • Paul DuBois at Sep 11, 2002 at 6:24 pm

    I can't add a new user or I don't know the proper way to log into the
    server. I added a user; call him webley. Ran my sql statement to insert into
    the user and db tables. Granted all rights because I was unsure how many
    rights my cgi script would need. It does need to create new tables and
    populate data. when I try to log in as that user, "mysql -u webley -p
    icesql" I get the prompt for a password but after entering I get "access
    denied". The "icesql" is in the db table and webley does have rights in the
    db table for that database. Can someone tell me if I am missing the big
    flick?
    If you used INSERT, did you also FLUSH PRIVILEGES after creating the
    grant table entries?

    Generally, it's better to use GRANT, which is easier, and also causes
    the server to reread the grant tables automatically.
    Brian Duke
    CTIP/TNT CFP IPSA
    Level(3) Communication
    (720) 888-7797