--
Chip

Search Discussions

  • Simas Cepaitis at Jul 5, 2002 at 7:04 am
    Hello,
    -----Original Message-----
    From: Chip Wiegand
    Sent: Friday, July 05, 2002 8:20 AM
    To: MySQL
    Subject: new install mysql user add on freebsd

    I just installed mysql-3.23.51 from source on freebsd-4.6. Now I am
    trying to add a user called mysql, but when I run adduser
    mysql it wants
    a directory, login name, password etc. I don't think I need
    all that for
    this particular user name. Just how do I add the appropriate
    mysql user
    to freebsd? I also need to add a mysql group. In linux it's a simple
    groupadd and useradd command, does freebsd have something similar?
    man pw
    And why do you add mysql from source and not from ports?
    It would setup for you everything.

    Simas Cepaitis
    simas@5ci.lt

groupmysql @
categoriesmysql
postedJul 5, '02 at 6:09a
activeJul 5, '02 at 7:04a
websitemysql.com
irc#mysql

2 users in discussion

Simas Cepaitis: 1 post Chip Wiegand: 1 post