I'm having some trouble with mysql.. Running the mysql_install_db renders
this...

Preparing db table
Preparing host table
Preparing user table
Preparing func table
Preparing tables_priv table
Preparing columns_priv table
Installing all prepared tables

At this point the script locks at this point & won't go any further.

I am using

MySQL-3.23.49a-1.i386.rpm
MySQL-client-3.23.49a-1.i386.rpm
Red Hat Linux version 2.2.16-22

The install (rpm --install) goes in fine - I don't have any trouble until I
run the mysql_install_db script.

I have tried several different mysql rpms - from Redhat - from mysql.org to
no avail. There must be something simple I am overlooking - but I just
can't seem to see the trees through the forest.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks!

Chris Lamrock

Search Discussions

  • Egor Egorov at Apr 8, 2002 at 3:45 pm
    Chris,

    CL> I'm having some trouble with mysql.. Running the mysql_install_db renders
    CL> this...

    CL> Installing all prepared tables

    CL> At this point the script locks at this point & won't go any further.

    CL> I am using

    CL> MySQL-3.23.49a-1.i386.rpm
    CL> MySQL-client-3.23.49a-1.i386.rpm
    CL> Red Hat Linux version 2.2.16-22

    CL> The install (rpm --install) goes in fine - I don't have any trouble until I
    CL> run the mysql_install_db script.

    CL> I have tried several different mysql rpms - from Redhat - from mysql.org to
    CL> no avail. There must be something simple I am overlooking - but I just
    CL> can't seem to see the trees through the forest.

    If you installed MySQL server from RPM you shouldn't run mysql_install_db
    script.

    --
    For technical support contracts, goto https://order.mysql.com/
    / |/ /_ __/ __/ __ \/ / Egor Egorov

groupmysql @
categoriesmysql
postedApr 8, '02 at 1:40p
activeApr 8, '02 at 3:45p
websitemysql.com
irc#mysql

2 users in discussion

Chris Lamrock: 1 post Egor Egorov: 1 post