You have written the following:

Hi!

I am running Apache on Linux and MySql database is running
on a windows200 server.

Is there a way to connect to that database using the IP address ?

Thanks for your help!
Paul

Search Discussions

  • Egor Egorov at Mar 23, 2002 at 10:35 am
    Paul,

    PG> I am running Apache on Linux and MySql database is running
    PG> on a windows200 server.
    PG> Is there a way to connect to that database using the IP address ?

    Yes, when you connect to the remote MySQL server you should specify host
    where mysql server is running. Note: you should set privileges to
    connect from your host.

    --
    For technical support contracts, goto https://order.mysql.com/
    / |/ /_ __/ __/ __ \/ / Egor Egorov

groupmysql @
categoriesmysql
postedMar 22, '02 at 7:39p
activeMar 23, '02 at 10:35a
websitemysql.com
irc#mysql

2 users in discussion

Paul Gilbert: 1 post Egor Egorov: 1 post