Newbie here who has PHP and MySQL going, but can't figure out how to
install calendar. I suspect this is because I don't understand UNIX and
permissions and which account I'm in. Here are the instructions edited:

Unpack the calendar software in its own directory somewhere where
your web server will find it.

Where might this be? I'm not at all clear on where the webserver will
find it. I tried putting it my Sites folder.

MySQL (from command line):
mysqladmin create intranet
(This will create a database named "intranet".)

I get an error when I try this from the command line. I went into mysql
and created the database, but then the next command baffles me.

Create the calendar tables using the supplied tables.sql file:
MySQL (from command line):
mysql intranet < tables-mysql.sql
(where "intranet" is the name of your database)

I get an error.

thanks for any help or pointers.

Search Discussions

  • Marcin Kaskiewicz at Oct 26, 2001 at 8:51 am
    Hello,
    (...)
    G> Unpack the calendar software in its own directory somewhere where
    G> your web server will find it.
    (...)
    Make dir - instead of creating database with the files.
    Truly to say, i do not knwo Mac, but on unix systems ussually u have
    -in your home dir - dir like "public_html" or "my_www" which u access from browser by
    typing http://www.yourdomain.com/~public_html

    cd there, make dir like "calendar", unpack files there using system
    command for unpack (tar/gizp, whatever).

    you should be able to start website by typing
    http://www.yourdomain.com/~public_html/calendar/start.file
    sart. file = index.php (i suppose, but it can be index.html or
    whatever you find in calendar pack)

    it should start - with errors, because u do not hae it configured yet.

    After this - make all "readme/install file" ask for - create database,
    chmod rights, edit config files. whatever you need.

    if u do not have such dir like public_html or simmilar - u have to ask
    you system administrator for info, wher u can put your website files.

    G> Where might this be? I'm not at all clear on where the webserver will
    G> find it. I tried putting it my Sites folder.
    G> Create the calendar tables using the supplied tables.sql file:
    G> MySQL (from command line):
    G> mysql intranet < tables-mysql.sql
    G> (where "intranet" is the name of your database)

    G> I get an error.

    What kind of? forward it here, please.

    --
    Pozdrowienia,