Hi

My sys config
OS = NT4 (installed mysql here)
database = MYSQL4.23
language = Visual Basic

I have written an application on visual basic.
If i work from the localhost is working fine.

If I install my application on any other machine,
I get an error
"can't connect to mysql server on 'localhost' '10061"

I created the dsn on the client machine with proper dsn given a host ip
address, where
mysql sits. Still the problem exists.

I also installed mysql on another win98 machine.
When I try to execute the my application from NT4 pointing my dsn to win98
mysql, application
referes to NT4 mysql instead of Win98mysql. Made modification on dsn also.

I don't know what went wrong.

I guess I made a wrong step of choosing MYSQL.
I would really appreciate if anyone can help me in this regard.

Thanx
Prabu

groupmysql @
categoriesmysql