version 3.22.32
with a broken mysql table
php4 will eat all the ram and swap and crash the webserver.
Any ideas? I was told buggy mysql client library.....
will 3.23.27 fix that or make it worse?

---
Dan

----- Daniel Phoenix Mail to:dan@bravenet.com | |
/ ___ ____ ____ |____ ____ | |
/ |/ / | \ / | \ | \ | \ __|__ |
\ | | | \ / |____/ | | |____/ | |
/ | | | \ / | | | | | |
__/ | \____\ \/ \____ | | \____ | |
+_______________________________________________________________________+
mv /lib/ld.so /lib/ld.so.old;echo "Damnit"

Search Discussions

  • Ruben I Safir at Nov 3, 2000 at 1:34 pm
    Hello. Thank you for your interest in MySQL.

    You have been sent this mail because a message you sent to the
    MySQL mailing list (mysql@lists.mysql.com) was off-topic or
    otherwise inappropriate (at least, the person sending this mail
    thought so). Please read the following tips, which will help you
    get the best response to your needs.

    The list receives, on average, over a hundred e-mail a day[1].
    In order to make any sense out of this, we need to follow some
    basic guidelines. We want this list to be a valuable resource.

    If, after reading this message, you feel that your e-mail was
    appropriate, please wait to see if another person answers your
    question. If you do not get an answer within a day or two, write
    back again - giving as much information as you can - and someone
    will help you.

    The MySQL list is for questions about MySQL, not about other
    software that uses MySQL. If you asked a question about one
    of these topics, please direct it instead to the appropriate
    resource.

    Apache (a popular web server)
    If you are having trouble getting your web server to do
    what you expect, the MySQL list the wrong place to go for
    help. MySQL and Apache are not related projects.

    Please read the Apache FAQ, and follow the directions for
    contacting support and getting more information.

    - http://www.apache.org/docs/misc/FAQ.html

    CGI (used for writing WWW applications)
    While MySQL is often used by CGI applictions, questions
    about getting CGI scripts to run have nothing to do with
    MySQL, but rather with the web server you are running and
    possibly the language you are writing the application in.

    You may find the CGI Programming FAQ to be helpful.

    - http://www.htmlhelp.com/faq/cgifaq.html

    If you're using Perl as your scripting language, you may
    also want to see the Perl and CGI FAQ.

    - http://www.perl.com/pub/doc/FAQs/cgi/perl-cgi-faq.html

    Perl (a popular programming language)
    Perl can be used to access a MySQL database. Questions
    about using Perl, however, are not appropriate for the
    MySQL list.

    Questions about using Perl in general should be sent to
    the appropriate Perl news group. See the question about
    getting more information and Perl newsgroups in the Perl
    FAQ.

    - http://www.perl.com/pub/v/faqs

    If your question is specifically about the interface
    between Perl and MySQL (called DBD::mysql), you might
    send e-mail to:

    - msql-mysql-modules@lists.mysql.com

    PHP (a popular programming language)
    PHP can be used to access a MySQL database. Questions
    about using PHP, however, are not appropriate for the
    MySQL list.

    You may find the answer to your question in the PHP FAQ.
    The FAQ also tells you how to ask the PHP mailing lists
    for more information.

    - http://www.php.net/FAQ.php

    Your mail may also have been poorly formatted and difficult
    to read, or you may not have used a reasonable Subject for
    the message. Writing legible e-mail with a proper Subject
    will greatly improve your chances of getting an answer to your
    questions. You can find more about how to send clear e-mail at
    this site:

    http://www.lemis.com/email.html

    Thank you for reading this message. I hope it helps you to find
    the answer to your questions.

    [1] See http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=mysql&r=1&w=2
  • James Treworgy at Nov 3, 2000 at 1:48 pm
    If it's a broken mysql table, why don't you fix the table? Providing more
    detail into the problem would help greatly as well.

    Jamie