I wanted to make the x:selectOneRadio to work within a dataTable. I read the
forum archive and noticed that a lot of people are having the same problem.
I was just wondering if anyone has found a possible solution to it yet. If
not , what is the possible approach to get it to work?.. create a just a new
renderer ? or create an entirely new component?

I got it working to a point that I was able to select only one radio for the
entire column, but the value binding was not working, meaning the bean
wasn't getting the value set in form. I tried setting the binding attribute
in the x:radio tag, but I couldn't get any useful information from that. The
values still don't get passed onto the backing bean in any way.

Thanks

Rahul

Search Discussions

  • Jan Bols at Jun 29, 2005 at 7:40 am
    I had the same problem but wasn't able to fix it. The thing I wanted to do
    is to have multiple columns of radiobuttons and checkboxes. I ended up
    coding a new component and renderer called selectOneRadio and
    selectManyCheckbox with an extra called "columns". You can download the
    source from http://sourceforge.net/projects/jsf-comp/ .

    greetings
    Jan
[...]

  • Klug, Boris at Jun 29, 2005 at 8:16 am
    Hi!
    (..) You can download the source from
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/jsf-comp/ .

    when I point my browser to http://sourceforge.net/projects/jsf-comp/, I see no
    files, no patches. SF just says "This Project Has Not Released Any Files". Do I
    have to be a project member to see the files?

    --
    Boris Klug
  • Werner Punz at Jun 30, 2005 at 10:10 pm

    Klug, Boris wrote:
    Hi!

    (..) You can download the source from
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/jsf-comp/ .

    when I point my browser to http://sourceforge.net/projects/jsf-comp/, I see no
    files, no patches. SF just says "This Project Has Not Released Any Files". Do I
    have to be a project member to see the files?
    You either have to go directly via cvs into the sourceforge project
    or go with your browser into the CVS link...
    the sources are located under jsf-comp/src/java.....
  • Werner Punz at Jun 30, 2005 at 10:38 pm

    Werner Punz wrote:
    Klug, Boris wrote:
    Hi!

    (..) You can download the source from

    http://sourceforge.net/projects/jsf-comp/ .

    when I point my browser to http://sourceforge.net/projects/jsf-comp/,
    I see no
    files, no patches. SF just says "This Project Has Not Released Any
    Files". Do I
    have to be a project member to see the files?
    You either have to go directly via cvs into the sourceforge project
    or go with your browser into the CVS link...
    the sources are located under jsf-comp/src/java.....
    http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/jsf-comp/componentsandbox/src/java/net/sf/myfacessandbox/components/select/
    here is the full link to Jans Selectbox sources...
  • Rahul Pilani at Jun 29, 2005 at 4:07 pm
    Do you think it would do what I am trying to achieve? Also is there any
    documentation available on the usage of the component and renderer?

    Thanks a lot.

    Rahul

[...]

  • Jan Bols at Jun 30, 2005 at 9:03 am
    Rahul, I'm not sure what you're trying to achieve. Using the
    selectOneRadio or selectManyCheckbox from
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/jsf-comp/ is usefull if you just want to
    have a list of radiobuttons or checkboxes rendered in more then 1 column.
    So if that's what you're trying to achieve then this might be useful for
    you. It does not use dataTable so if you want do other more complicated
    things with it (f.e. combine the checkboxes with other components within
    your table), you might need a dataTable for that and than you can't use
    these components.

    The selectOneRadio or selectManyCheckbox components from
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/jsf-comp/ are just an extension to the
    x:selectOneRadio and x:selectManyCheckbox components. It adds the column
    parameter to specify how many columns the selectItem objects should be
    rendered in.

    You can find a jar on http://www.ivpv.UGent.be/~jan/myfacessandbox.jar
    containing these components and the
    necessary tld file since a jar is not included on the sourceforge website.
    It meant to be used with myfaces 1.0.9 and not the current nightly build
    version. This is because it extends the x:selectOneRadio and
    x:selectManyCheckbox components and these components have undergone some
    changes since the release of version 1.0.9.

    Also on http://www.ivpv.UGent.be/~jan/selectTest.jsp you can find a jsp
    file that demonstrates the use of
    the components.

    Hope this helps.

    Jan
[...]

    IVPV - Instituut Voor Permanente Vorming
    Universiteit Gent
    Technologiepark 913
    9052 Zwijnaarde
    ++32-(0)9-264 55 92
    jan@ivpv.UGent.be
    jan.bols@UGent.be
    http://www.ivpv.UGent.be
  • Werner Punz at Jun 30, 2005 at 10:19 pm

    Jan Bols wrote:
    I had the same problem but wasn't able to fix it. The thing I wanted to
    do is to have multiple columns of radiobuttons and checkboxes. I ended
    up coding a new component and renderer called selectOneRadio and
    selectManyCheckbox with an extra called "columns". You can download the
    source from http://sourceforge.net/projects/jsf-comp/ .

    greetings
    Jan
    Hi Jan, I just fixed a compilation error in your recent checkins...
    I could not test the fix yet, but it should not affect anything,
    (point your search function to compilation error and you will find the
    part which did not compile)
  • Jan Bols at Jul 1, 2005 at 2:27 pm
    OK thanks.