Hi ajax *fans*

here is another project (from google)

http://goog-ajaxslt.sourceforge.net/

it is available under BSD licence.

Regards,
Matthias

Search Discussions

  • Werner Punz at Jun 28, 2005 at 9:13 am

    Matthias Wessendorf wrote:
    Hi ajax *fans*

    here is another project (from google)

    http://goog-ajaxslt.sourceforge.net/

    it is available under BSD licence.

    Regards,
    Matthias
    neat stuff....

    btw. speaking of ajax. I will soon start with some kind of
    ajaxed combo control.

    The mechanism will be like that
    <m:ajaxcombo>
    <h:input id="field1" />
    <h:input id="field2" />
    <h:input id="field3"/>
    <h:input id="field4"/>
    </m:ajaxcombo>

    What will happen is that there is some kind of preview button or fill
    button rendered from the combo which fetches data according to the
    values in the fields... and a drop down will be displayed where you can
    select your choice and the rest of the values is filled in.
    I dont know yet how I will do that from a UI perspective, but
    the component should be in place on sourceforge within a two weeks
    timeframe, I have several parts in my project where I need this
    component (request from above).

    Also I have not abandoned the old sourceforge code, the current code now
    works on JDK 1.4 (I did a backport yesterday night to ease the
    transition to MyFaces)
    I also solved the dreaded div over combobox problem the IE has (the
    popup menu was hidden under any windows native control), and lots of
    minor fixes went in the codebase.
    I will roll a new demo sometime this week, at that time with all
    components in action, especially the pure client side tabbing system is
    very neat.

    Werner
  • Sean Schofield at Jun 28, 2005 at 12:31 pm
    FYI,

    I have something like this already but its not yet AJAX enabled (just
    JSF enabled.) It will be checked in the sandbox later this week when
    the reorg is done.

    sean

[...]

  • Werner Punz at Jun 28, 2005 at 12:58 pm

    Sean Schofield wrote:
    FYI,

    I have something like this already but its not yet AJAX enabled (just
    JSF enabled.) It will be checked in the sandbox later this week when
    the reorg is done.

    sean
    Ok wonderful, might be a good starting point for me...
    Since I will go the ajax route, I probably can concentrate myself
    on writing a renderer only.

    My idea is to build a javascripted component stack and after the ajax
    request, to fill the components upon their stack names-ids automatically
    from the incoming xml data...

    Werner
  • Matt Blum at Jun 28, 2005 at 12:32 pm
    Sean Schofield and I have been working on an "input-suggest" control for
    MyFaces that works a lot like Google Suggest does from a UI perspective,
    with a pop-up div that works like a drop-down list, with type-ahead and
    highlighting and the like. Sean should be committing it pretty soon.

    It should be possible to integrate this control with AJAX without enormous
    difficulty. Sean (who was responsible for the JSF side of development, while
    I did the HTML and Javascript) might be better able than I to verify/refute
    that possibility.

    (Incidentally, I'm looking into modifying the DHTML piece so that you can
    avoid the IE bug where a select box is always rendered on top of a div. It
    turns out that if you create an invisible iframe as a shim of sorts,
    directly underneath the div, select boxes will properly render underneath
    it. Of course, this fix is only necessary if you're using the control near a
    select box, and if you care whether your form renders properly in IE, so
    it'll be optional.)

    -Matt
[...]

  • Matt Blum at Jun 28, 2005 at 12:33 pm
    Of course, if I'd bothered to read your e-mail in full, I'd've noticed that
    you said you solved the div-over-combo-box problem as well. Sorry about
    that.

    -Matt
[...]

  • Werner Punz at Jun 28, 2005 at 12:54 pm

    Matt Blum wrote:
    Sean Schofield and I have been working on an "input-suggest" control for
    MyFaces that works a lot like Google Suggest does from a UI perspective,
    with a pop-up div that works like a drop-down list, with type-ahead and
    highlighting and the like. Sean should be committing it pretty soon.
    Actually I have solved that one on the ajax side of things for almost
    three weeks now, the javascript code is still somewhat dirty but works
    exceptionally well...

    The code has been in sourceforge for that period of time :-), bugfixes
    for it are somewhat newer, also in sourceforge currently you can
    find some pure client side tabs which solve a number of problems of the
    roundtrip approach (like you dont have to force a form etc...)
    and some smaller client side colorers...

    It should be possible to integrate this control with AJAX without
    enormous difficulty. Sean (who was responsible for the JSF side of
    development, while I did the HTML and Javascript) might be better able
    than I to verify/refute that possibility.
    It is there already :-)
    (Incidentally, I'm looking into modifying the DHTML piece so that you
    can avoid the IE bug where a select box is always rendered on top of a
    div. It turns out that if you create an invisible iframe as a shim of
    sorts, directly underneath the div, select boxes will properly render
    underneath it. Of course, this fix is only necessary if you're using
    the control near a select box, and if you care whether your form renders
    properly in IE, so it'll be optional.)
    Well solved that a few days ago as well :-), thanks to some articles on
    the net.

    Btw... if you do the iframe approach, make sure that you do not follow
    that one once you have a Mozilla as browser, I ran into a nasty bug,
    which caused some gecko rendering problems once you started to scroll
    the rendered page (basically a small part of the page was not scrolled
    correctly in gecko)

    I basically ended up with a javascript part which only generates the
    iframe as soon as I can be sure to have an IE as underlying browser.
    The iframe is not needed in Mozilla and other browsers anyway :-)
  • Werner Punz at Jun 28, 2005 at 12:46 pm

    Matthias Wessendorf wrote:
    Hi ajax *fans*

    here is another project (from google)

    http://goog-ajaxslt.sourceforge.net/

    it is available under BSD licence.
    Actually the most interesting approach I have seen
    so far is the DWR library, it simply establishes a callback mechanism
    from POJOs via an xml definition into AJAX and javascript, by some
    automatic mechanisms.

    The approach however is a little bit problematic in conjunction with
    JSF, because it introduces another set of xml files for the pojo-ajax
    definitions, which could cause problems with JSF if somebody issues a
    call into the DWR subsystem and JSF is not initialized yet.

    The approach however is interesting, and I can see that the whole
    binding problem possible could be done within a JSF context, be using
    specialized application or session beans with a hook into a phase listener.

    I dont have time however too hook myself into that mechanism, yet, but
    so far it looks like the best approach done for java currently.
    (much better than my simple event callback mechanism, with data builder
    objects on the server side)

groupusers @
categoriesmyfaces
postedJun 28, '05 at 7:45a