I tested the Tree component to work with Sun RI and it works fine.
However, the images are not not visible. When I check the Html source, I
see the following path

"Img
src="/framework/faces/myFacesExtensionResource/tree.HtmlTree/11134126600
00/images/node_close.gif" border="0" /><"

Why is the path being generated like this? I tried giving the image path
option and taking the default.

Can anyone help me?

No, I ahvent had success with porting tree 2 yet. I get a null pointer
exception at

java.lang.NullPointerException
com.sun.faces.renderkit.html_basic.CommandLinkRenderer.getHiddenFieldNam
e(CommandLinkRenderer.java:136)
com.sun.faces.renderkit.html_basic.CommandLinkRenderer.encodeEnd(Command
LinkRenderer.java:318)
javax.faces.component.UIComponentBase.encodeEnd(UIComponentBase.java:720
)
org.apache.myfaces.custom.tree2.HtmlTreeRenderer.encodeRecursive(HtmlTre
eRenderer.java:573)
org.apache.myfaces.custom.tree2.HtmlTreeRenderer.encodeNavigation(HtmlTr
eeRenderer.java:544)
org.apache.myfaces.custom.tree2.HtmlTreeRenderer.encodeCurrentNode(HtmlT
reeRenderer.java:327)
org.apache.myfaces.custom.tree2.HtmlTreeRenderer.encodeTree(HtmlTreeRend
erer.java:229)
org.apache.myfaces.custom.tree2.HtmlTreeRenderer.encodeChildren(HtmlTree
Renderer.java:181)
javax.faces.component.UIComponentBase.encodeChildren(UIComponentBase.jav
a:701)

Confidentiality Notice

you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender at Wipro or Mailadmin@wipro.com immediately

  • Balaji Saranathan at Jun 22, 2005 at 10:08 pm
    Hi,

    I ahve the images finally working. However, I had to give a relative
    path to my application. There is one more thing I'm trying to get rid of
    rather unsuccessfully. I want to gfet rid of the "Folder" icon on the
    expnadable nodes. However, I dont see any option for doing it. Can it be
    done by configuration or should I modify the code?

    Regards
    Bala

[...]

    to this message are intended
    for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain confidential
    or privileged information. If
    you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender at Wipro or
    Mailadmin@wipro.com immediately

    Confidentiality Notice

    you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender at Wipro or Mailadmin@wipro.com immediately
  • Matthias Wessendorf at Jun 23, 2005 at 6:35 am
    Balaji,

    you have to set up our ExtensionsFilter, since the *default* resources
    (javascript, images,...) are added to the jar file.

    See http://myfaces.apache.org/docs/extensionsFilter.html

    for more detailed information on that.

    HTH,
    Matthias
[...]

    Matthias Wessendorf
  • Sach Jain at Jun 23, 2005 at 7:19 am
    Hi,

    I tried the below one but could NOT get it working..

    The code in JSP is:

    <x:tree id="tree" value="#{treeModel}"
    styleClass="tree"
    nodeClass="treenode"
    selectedNodeClass="treenodeSelected"
    expandRoot="true">
    </x:tree>

    In web.xml:

    <filter>
    <filter-name>MyFacesExtensionsFilter</filter-name>

    <filter-class>org.apache.myfaces.component.html.util.ExtensionsFilter</f
    ilter-class>
    <init-param>
    <param-name>maxFileSize</param-name>
    <param-value>20m</param-value>
    <description>Set the size limit for uploaded files.
    Format: 10 - 10 bytes
    10k - 10 KB
    10m - 10 MB
    1g - 1 GB
    </description>
    </init-param>
    </filter>

    <filter-mapping>
    <filter-name>MyFacesExtensionsFilter</filter-name>
    <url-pattern>*.jsf</url-pattern>
    </filter-mapping>
    <filter-mapping>
    <filter-name>MyFacesExtensionsFilter</filter-name>
    <url-pattern>/faces/*</url-pattern>
    </filter-mapping>

    Regards,
    Sachin

[...]

    If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender at
    Wipro or Mailadmin@wipro.com immediately

    Matthias Wessendorf

    Confidentiality Notice

    you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender at Wipro or Mailadmin@wipro.com immediately
  • Matthias Wessendorf at Jun 23, 2005 at 7:21 am
    AFAIK tree doesn't use extensionFilter

    but tree2 does.

    HTH,
    Matthias
    On 6/23/05, sach.jain@wipro.com wrote:

[...]

  • Balaji Saranathan at Jun 23, 2005 at 6:12 pm
    Hi,

    The offending code in tree2 seems to be the getMyForm() in
    com.sun.faces.renderkit.html_basic.CommandLinkRenderer.java. When this
    is called in the encodeEnd() of commandLinkRenderer, it returns null.
    I tried enclosing the tree2 inside a form tag(ugly but a try though) but
    doesn't seem to work. Going through the code, I find the
    HtmlLinkRendererBase in Myfaces uses a DummyFormUtils while
    commandLinkRenderer in SUN RI tries to raise an exception saying it has
    to be enclosed within a form.

    Now, my question is if I want to make it work, how would I go about it.

[...]

    attachments to this message are intended for the exclusive use of
    the
    addressee(s) and may contain confidential or privileged information.
    If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender at
    Wipro or Mailadmin@wipro.com immediately and destroy all copies of
    this message and any attachments.

    --
    Matthias Wessendorf

    Confidentiality Notice

    addressee(s) and may contain confidential or privileged information.
    If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender at
    Wipro or Mailadmin@wipro.com immediately and destroy all copies of
    this message and any attachments.

    --
    Matthias Wessendorf

    Confidentiality Notice

    you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender at Wipro or Mailadmin@wipro.com immediately
  • CONNER, BRENDAN \(SBCSI\) at Jun 23, 2005 at 6:16 pm
    Yes, that's exactly the same behavior I observed. I'm sure a lot of us
    would be interested to learn how to get around that.

    - Brendan

[...]

  • Balaji Saranathan at Jun 23, 2005 at 8:06 pm
    Sean,

    Do you have any suggestions for this ?
    Thanks
    Bala

[...]

  • Sean Schofield at Jun 23, 2005 at 8:26 pm
    First we have to establish whether or not the commandLink behavior in
    the MyFaces implementation is consistent with the spec. It could be
    that both the RI implementation and MyFaces impl are consistent with
    the spec but just implemented differently.

    I think this goes beyond tree2. Its a larger issue of commandLink and
    was is acceptable according to the spec and what is the best solution
    if the spec does not address the matter.

    For now I suggest using the MyFaces implementation if you want tree2
    to work. :-) Brendan, maybe you can create a JIRA issue on this so
    we don't forget.

    sean
    On 6/23/05, Balaji Saranathan wrote:

[...]

  • CONNER, BRENDAN \(SBCSI\) at Jun 23, 2005 at 8:31 pm
    OK.

    - Brendan

[...]

  • CONNER, BRENDAN \(SBCSI\) at Jun 23, 2005 at 8:46 pm
    Just a thought, though. I would think that, if there's really that big
    a difference in how commandLink is implemented in MyFaces and Sun RI, we
    would have seen lots of similar complaints outside of Tree2. I'll still
    log the error, though.

    - Brendan

[...]

  • Sean Schofield at Jun 23, 2005 at 9:15 pm
    Go ahead and log it as a tree2 problem. When I get a chance to
    investigate I will try to see whether its limited to tree2 or not.
    Unless someone else want to do the investigation now .... :-)

    sean
    On 6/23/05, CONNER, BRENDAN (SBCSI) wrote:
[...]

  • Balaji Saranathan at Jun 23, 2005 at 9:16 pm
    Surprising...

    Just tried to execute a simple JSP page with one command link...For Sun
    RI, it gives the same Null Pointer Exception if it is not encapsulated

[...]

    or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient,
    please notify the sender at Wipro or
    Mailadmin@wipro.com immediately

    Confidentiality Notice

    attachments to this message are intended
    for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain confidential
    or privileged information. If
    you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender at Wipro
    or Mailadmin@wipro.com immediately

    Confidentiality Notice

    you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender at Wipro or Mailadmin@wipro.com immediately
  • Sean Schofield at Jun 23, 2005 at 9:29 pm
    I'm not surprised ;-)
[...]

  • Werner Punz at Jun 24, 2005 at 11:44 am

    CONNER, BRENDAN (SBCSI) wrote:
    Just a thought, though. I would think that, if there's really that big
    a difference in how commandLink is implemented in MyFaces and Sun RI, we
    would have seen lots of similar complaints outside of Tree2. I'll still
    log the error, though.
    Actually I am not quite sure to 100% but, my personal guess is, that
    the problem I ran into yesterday with the datascroller, or the failure
    to be able to fix it, also was caused by the way the command links are
    resolved. It sounds very similar.
  • Emond Papegaaij at Jun 24, 2005 at 12:10 pm

    On Thursday 23 June 2005 22:46, CONNER, BRENDAN (SBCSI) wrote:
    Just a thought, though. I would think that, if there's really that big
    a difference in how commandLink is implemented in MyFaces and Sun RI, we
    would have seen lots of similar complaints outside of Tree2. I'll still
    log the error, though.
    The commandLink implementation is causing problems with the Struts-faces
    intergration library as well. The FormRenderer does not render the hidden
    fields and javascripts expected by commandLink. To me it doesn't 'feel right'
    the commandLink implementation depends on a certain way of rendering the
    forms.

    Best regards,
    Emond Papegaaij
  • CONNER, BRENDAN \(SBCSI\) at Jun 23, 2005 at 10:12 pm
    Hi Sean,

    I'll continue looking into it, but, for now, I'm using the MyFaces impl
    so I can get a realistic demo working by Friday afternoon so I can
    demonstrate grabbing data from the database when a node is expanded.

    BTW, on that topic, can you give me a brief description of what happens
    when a node is expanded and clientSideToggle=false? What event is
    generated and how can I catch it? Until now, I've just been extending
    TreeNodeBase and overriding the getChildren method, which then handles
    getting more data if its list is empty. I'm not sure that's what you
    had in mind, though....

    - Brendan

[...]

  • CONNER, BRENDAN \(SBCSI\) at Jun 23, 2005 at 10:30 pm
    That I expected. However, Tree2 seems to give that error even when
    enclosed in <h:form>...</h:form> tags.

    - Brendan

[...]

  • CONNER, BRENDAN \(SBCSI\) at Jun 24, 2005 at 1:54 pm
    Oh, OK. Well, I stand corrected. ;-)

    - Brendan

    On Thursday 23 June 2005 22:46, CONNER, BRENDAN (SBCSI) wrote:
    Just a thought, though. I would think that, if there's really that big
    a difference in how commandLink is implemented in MyFaces and Sun RI, we
    would have seen lots of similar complaints outside of Tree2. I'll still
    log the error, though.
    The commandLink implementation is causing problems with the Struts-faces

    intergration library as well. The FormRenderer does not render the
    hidden
    fields and javascripts expected by commandLink. To me it doesn't 'feel
    right'
    the commandLink implementation depends on a certain way of rendering the

    forms.

    Best regards,
    Emond Papegaaij

groupusers @