Ok this is really strange - when I mount managed beans in the
faces-context file they only work if their length is less than 66
characters. I run the JSF inside the Tomcat of a JBoss 4.x server. I
know this is NOT a Java or JBoss limitation because I use longer class
names in other modules of my project. Moreover, I would expect Tomcat to
be able to handle long class names since compiled JSP-files often have
long names. This leaves me with JSF - has anyone got a clue if JSF
suffer from such a limitation or what else could be wrong?

Here is an example:
This class name works
dk.rockit.puls.web.rendering.browserXhtml.layout.DivisiLayoutInfo
- whereas this class name does not
dk.rockit.puls.web.rendering.browserXhtml.layout.DivisioLayoutInfo

Below you will find the stack trace I get only if I use the long class
name above. Any help would be highly appreciated.

Randahl

17:54:48,781 INFO [STDOUT] java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: No
ClassLoaders fo
und for: dk.rockit.puls.web.rendering.browserXhtml.layout.DivisioLayoutInfo
17:54:48,781 INFO [STDOUT] at
org.jboss.mx.loading.LoadMgr3.beginLoadTask(L
oadMgr3.java:292)
17:54:48,781 INFO [STDOUT] at
org.jboss.mx.loading.RepositoryClassLoader.lo
adClassImpl(RepositoryClassLoader.java:464)
17:54:48,781 INFO [STDOUT] at
org.jboss.mx.loading.RepositoryClassLoader.lo
adClass(RepositoryClassLoader.java:374)
17:54:48,781 INFO [STDOUT] at
java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.j
ava:251)
17:54:48,781 INFO [STDOUT] at
java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(Class
Loader.java:319)
17:54:48,781 INFO [STDOUT] at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
17:54:48,781 INFO [STDOUT] at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:242)
17:54:48,781 INFO [STDOUT] at
org.apache.myfaces.util.ClassUtils.classForNa
me(ClassUtils.java:175)
17:54:48,781 INFO [STDOUT] at
org.apache.myfaces.util.ClassUtils.simpleClas
sForName(ClassUtils.java:194)
17:54:48,781 INFO [STDOUT] at
org.apache.myfaces.util.ClassUtils.newInstanc
e(ClassUtils.java:278)
17:54:48,781 INFO [STDOUT] at
org.apache.myfaces.config.ManagedBeanBuilder.
buildManagedBean(ManagedBeanBuilder.java:57)
17:54:48,781 INFO [STDOUT] at
org.apache.myfaces.el.VariableResolverImpl.re
solveVariable(VariableResolverImpl.java:328)
17:54:48,781 INFO [STDOUT] at
org.apache.myfaces.el.ValueBindingImpl$ELVari
ableResolver.resolveVariable(ValueBindingImpl.java:637)
17:54:48,781 INFO [STDOUT] at
org.apache.commons.el.NamedValue.evaluate(Nam
edValue.java:124)
17:54:48,781 INFO [STDOUT] at
org.apache.commons.el.ComplexValue.evaluate(C
omplexValue.java:140)
17:54:48,781 INFO [STDOUT] at
org.apache.myfaces.el.ValueBindingImpl.getVal
ue(ValueBindingImpl.java:441)
17:54:48,781 INFO [STDOUT] at
javax.faces.component.UIOutput.getValue(UIOut
put.java:75)
17:54:48,781 INFO [STDOUT] at
org.apache.myfaces.renderkit.RendererUtils.ge
tStringValue(RendererUtils.java:296)
17:54:48,781 INFO [STDOUT] at
org.apache.myfaces.renderkit.html.HtmlTextRen
dererBase.renderOutput(HtmlTextRendererBase.java:93)
17:54:48,781 INFO [STDOUT] at
org.apache.myfaces.renderkit.html.HtmlTextRen
dererBase.encodeEnd(HtmlTextRendererBase.java:81)
17:54:48,781 INFO [STDOUT] at
javax.faces.component.UIComponentBase.encodeE
nd(UIComponentBase.java:341)
17:54:48,781 INFO [STDOUT] at
javax.faces.webapp.UIComponentTag.encodeEnd(U
IComponentTag.java:386)
17:54:48,781 INFO [STDOUT] at
javax.faces.webapp.UIComponentTag.doEndTag(UI
ComponentTag.java:290)
17:54:48,781 INFO [STDOUT] at
org.apache.jsp.puls.rendering.division_002dla
yout_jspx._jspx_meth_h_outputText_0(division_002dlayout_jspx.java:149)
17:54:48,781 INFO [STDOUT] at
org.apache.jsp.puls.rendering.division_002dla
yout_jspx._jspx_meth_f_view_0(division_002dlayout_jspx.java:111)
17:54:48,781 INFO [STDOUT] at
org.apache.jsp.puls.rendering.division_002dla
yout_jspx._jspService(division_002dlayout_jspx.java:61)
17:54:48,781 INFO [STDOUT] at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service
(HttpJspBase.java:94)
17:54:48,781 INFO [STDOUT] at
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpSe
rvlet.java:810)
17:54:48,781 INFO [STDOUT] at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.s
ervice(JspServletWrapper.java:324)
17:54:48,781 INFO [STDOUT] at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJ
spFile(JspServlet.java:292)
17:54:48,781 INFO [STDOUT] at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(
JspServlet.java:236)
17:54:48,781 INFO [STDOUT] at
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpSe
rvlet.java:810)
17:54:48,781 INFO [STDOUT] at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterCha
in.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:237)
17:54:48,781 INFO [STDOUT] at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterCha
in.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:157)
17:54:48,781 INFO [STDOUT] at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatche
r.invoke(ApplicationDispatcher.java:704)
17:54:48,781 INFO [STDOUT] at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatche
r.processRequest(ApplicationDispatcher.java:474)
17:54:48,796 INFO [STDOUT] at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatche
r.doForward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:409)
17:54:48,796 INFO [STDOUT] at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatche
r.forward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:312)
17:54:48,796 INFO [STDOUT] at
org.apache.myfaces.context.servlet.ServletExt
ernalContextImpl.dispatch(ServletExternalContextImpl.java:405)
17:54:48,796 INFO [STDOUT] at
org.apache.myfaces.application.jsp.JspViewHan
dlerImpl.renderView(JspViewHandlerImpl.java:280)
17:54:48,796 INFO [STDOUT] at
org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.re
nder(LifecycleImpl.java:300)
17:54:48,796 INFO [STDOUT] at
javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(Faces
Servlet.java:110)
17:54:48,796 INFO [STDOUT] at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterCha
in.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:237)
17:54:48,796 INFO [STDOUT] at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterCha
in.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:157)
17:54:48,796 INFO [STDOUT] at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatche
r.invoke(ApplicationDispatcher.java:704)
17:54:48,796 INFO [STDOUT] at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatche
r.processRequest(ApplicationDispatcher.java:474)
17:54:48,796 INFO [STDOUT] at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatche
r.doForward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:409)
17:54:48,796 INFO [STDOUT] at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatche
r.forward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:312)
17:54:48,796 INFO [STDOUT] at
dk.rockit.puls.web.rendering.browserXhtml.Bro
wserXhtmlRenderer.render(BrowserXhtmlRenderer.java:74)
17:54:48,796 INFO [STDOUT] at
dk.rockit.puls.web.rendering.Renderers.render
(Renderers.java:39)
17:54:48,796 INFO [STDOUT] at
dk.rockit.puls.web.PulsDispatcher.dispatch(Pu
lsDispatcher.java:100)
17:54:48,796 INFO [STDOUT] at
dk.rockit.puls.web.gatekeeper.Gatekeeper.disp
atch(Gatekeeper.java:66)
17:54:48,796 INFO [STDOUT] at
dk.rockit.puls.web.PulsFilter.doFilter(PulsFi
lter.java:76)
17:54:48,796 INFO [STDOUT] at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterCha
in.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:186)
17:54:48,796 INFO [STDOUT] at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterCha
in.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:157)
17:54:48,796 INFO [STDOUT] at
org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilte
r.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:75)
17:54:48,796 INFO [STDOUT] at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterCha
in.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:186)
17:54:48,796 INFO [STDOUT] at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterCha
in.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:157)
17:54:48,796 INFO [STDOUT] at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve
.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:214)
17:54:48,796 INFO [STDOUT] at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext
.invokeNext(StandardValveContext.java:104)
17:54:48,796 INFO [STDOUT] at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.inv
oke(StandardPipeline.java:520)
17:54:48,796 INFO [STDOUT] at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve
.invokeInternal(StandardContextValve.java:198)
17:54:48,796 INFO [STDOUT] at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve
.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:152)
17:54:48,796 INFO [STDOUT] at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext
.invokeNext(StandardValveContext.java:104)
17:54:48,796 INFO [STDOUT] at
org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.CustomPrincipal
Valve.invoke(CustomPrincipalValve.java:66)
17:54:48,796 INFO [STDOUT] at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext
.invokeNext(StandardValveContext.java:102)
17:54:48,796 INFO [STDOUT] at
org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityAssocia
tionValve.invoke(SecurityAssociationValve.java:150)
17:54:48,796 INFO [STDOUT] at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext
.invokeNext(StandardValveContext.java:102)
17:54:48,796 INFO [STDOUT] at
org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.JaccContextValv
e.invoke(JaccContextValve.java:54)
17:54:48,796 INFO [STDOUT] at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext
.invokeNext(StandardValveContext.java:102)
17:54:48,796 INFO [STDOUT] at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.inv
oke(StandardPipeline.java:520)
17:54:48,796 INFO [STDOUT] at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.in
voke(StandardHostValve.java:137)
17:54:48,796 INFO [STDOUT] at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext
.invokeNext(StandardValveContext.java:104)
17:54:48,796 INFO [STDOUT] at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.i
nvoke(ErrorReportValve.java:118)
17:54:48,796 INFO [STDOUT] at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext
.invokeNext(StandardValveContext.java:102)
17:54:48,796 INFO [STDOUT] at
org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.inv
oke(AccessLogValve.java:535)
17:54:48,796 INFO [STDOUT] at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext
.invokeNext(StandardValveContext.java:102)
17:54:48,796 INFO [STDOUT] at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.inv
oke(StandardPipeline.java:520)
17:54:48,796 INFO [STDOUT] at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.
invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
17:54:48,796 INFO [STDOUT] at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext
.invokeNext(StandardValveContext.java:104)
17:54:48,796 INFO [STDOUT] at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.inv
oke(StandardPipeline.java:520)
17:54:48,796 INFO [STDOUT] at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke
(ContainerBase.java:929)
17:54:48,796 INFO [STDOUT] at
org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteAdapter.servi
ce(CoyoteAdapter.java:160)
17:54:48,796 INFO [STDOUT] at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.proc
ess(Http11Processor.java:799)
17:54:48,796 INFO [STDOUT] at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http1
1ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11Protocol.java:705)
17:54:48,796 INFO [STDOUT] at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.ru
nIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:577)
17:54:48,796 INFO [STDOUT] at
org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$Con
trolRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:683)
17:54:48,796 INFO [STDOUT] at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

Search Discussions

  • Martin Marinschek at Jun 6, 2005 at 4:24 pm
    can't be:

    this is a class I use as one of my managed beans:

    at.irian.prisma.gui.jsf.component.encashment.EncashmentComponentBean

    longer than 66 chars!

    regards,

    Martin
[...]

  • Randahl Fink Isaksen at Jun 6, 2005 at 4:56 pm
    Thanks for your feedback - could you tell me if your environment differs from mine:
    Windows XP, J2SE5, JBoss4.x, Tomcat 5.x

    The reason I am asking is the fact that this fails consistently and it ONLY fails in the JSF part
    of my project.

    R.

    Martin Marinschek wrote: can't be: this is a class I use as one of my managed beans:
    at.irian.prisma.gui.jsf.component.encashment.EncashmentComponentBean longer than
    66 chars! regards, Martin On 6/6/05, Randahl Fink Isaksen wrote: Ok
[...]
    org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service( JspServlet.java:236) 17:54:48,781
[...]
    in.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:237) 17:54:48,796 INFO [STDOUT] at
    org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterCha
    in.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:157) 17:54:48,796 INFO [STDOUT] at
    org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatche
    r.invoke(ApplicationDispatcher.java:704) 17:54:48,796 INFO [STDOUT] at
[...]
  • Martin Marinschek at Jun 6, 2005 at 5:01 pm
    Windows XP (and 2000) and Linux, J2SE1.4.2, Tomcat 5.5, no JBoss.

    regards,

    Martin

    Martin Marinschek wrote:
[...]

  • Bruno Aranda at Jun 6, 2005 at 5:07 pm
    I have also longer classes names and no problems in Linux, JDK5.0, JBoss4.x,

    Regards,

    Bruno

    Martin Marinschek wrote:
[...]

  • Randahl Fink Isaksen at Jun 6, 2005 at 5:11 pm
    Thanks - but I am really puzzled by this... what ever short name I choose for my class it works,
    but (as shown) with the long class name I prefer it does not...

    I have never seen anything like it. I will post again when I find the answer.

    R.

    Bruno Aranda wrote: I have also longer classes names and no problems in Linux, JDK5.0,
    Windows XP (and 2000) and Linux, J2SE1.4.2, Tomcat 5.5, no JBoss. regards, Martin On 6/6/05,
    Randahl Fink Isaksen wrote: Thanks for your feedback - could you tell me
[...]
  • Randahl Fink Isaksen at Jun 6, 2005 at 7:22 pm
    Reason found: Windows cannot handle path names longer than 256 characters and I deployed a
    class with a long name into a folder with a long name. I am now relocating my deployment
    directory and expect that to solve the problem.

    Randahl

    Randahl Fink Isaksen wrote: Thanks - but I am really puzzled by this... what ever short name I
[...]

  • Martin Marinschek at Jun 7, 2005 at 4:19 am
    Oh!

    interesting, if we ever run into that error again, we will have
    something to tell the users ;)

    regards,

    Martin

    Martin Marinschek wrote:
[...]