Ok, as promised I will, if I can finish them up in time, dump my first
two small components into myfaces, just a question, how can I do it
(probably sending them to Manfred Greiler would be the best since I am
Austrian).

Also another question, the TLDs are in a rough state, since I dont have
the explicit knowledge yet, how to finish them up properly so that they
hook into the myfaces entity structure, so to get them up and running
might be some extra work of editing the tld.

Wherever I will be able to dump the code for inspection, I will upload
them this evening (GMT+1) but I would need some instructions where I can
dump them and how.

Search Discussions

  • Broekelmann, Mathias at May 31, 2005 at 9:49 am
    Hi Werner,

    I would suggest that you open a ticket in JIRA and add your files in a
    zip as an attachment. This would allow any user to see your efforts and
    any committer is able to assist you by applying the sources to myfaces.

    Try to modify the myfaces sources as necessary (like myfaces-config.xml)
    and create diff patches against the current svn version. This will
    enable any user to test your components before they are committed to the
    repository.

    Mathias
    Ok, as promised I will, if I can finish them up in time,
    dump my first
    two small components into myfaces, just a question, how can I do it
    (probably sending them to Manfred Greiler would be the best
    since I am
    Austrian).

    Also another question, the TLDs are in a rough state, since I
    dont have
    the explicit knowledge yet, how to finish them up properly so
    that they
    hook into the myfaces entity structure, so to get them up and running
    might be some extra work of editing the tld.

    Wherever I will be able to dump the code for inspection, I
    will upload
    them this evening (GMT+1) but I would need some instructions
    where I can
    dump them and how.
  • Enrique Medina at May 31, 2005 at 10:10 am
    Hi Werner,

    Some weeks ago, Jesse proposed a new project into SF.net aimed at
    adding new components to JSF that could be then added to MyFaces. The
    MyFaces team did agree this procedure.

    Take a look at:

    https://sourceforge.net/projects/jsf-comp/

    sf-project -> sandbox -> official component subproject

    Regards,
    Enrique Medina.
[...]

  • Martin Marinschek at May 31, 2005 at 11:01 am
    right, that would be another possibility.

    Can Jesse give us committer rights to this project? My sourceforge
    name would be mmarinschek.

    regards,

    Martin
[...]

  • Werner Punz at May 31, 2005 at 7:07 pm

    Martin Marinschek wrote:

    right, that would be another possibility.

    Can Jesse give us committer rights to this project? My sourceforge
    name would be mmarinschek.
    I would be interested as well, to be able to commit, to start dumping
    code by tomorrow (gotta pack it up for the jar distribution first, which
    in case of JSF is new to me, I have to find out what has to go in there,
    and make a small webapp
    which uses them)
  • Werner Punz at May 31, 2005 at 7:15 pm

    Martin Marinschek wrote:

    right, that would be another possibility.

    Can Jesse give us committer rights to this project? My sourceforge
    name would be mmarinschek.
    forgot to mention, my sourceforge name is werpu12
  • Werner Punz at May 31, 2005 at 7:00 pm

    Enrique Medina wrote:

    Hi Werner,

    Some weeks ago, Jesse proposed a new project into SF.net aimed at
    adding new components to JSF that could be then added to MyFaces. The
    MyFaces team did agree this procedure.

    Take a look at:

    https://sourceforge.net/projects/jsf-comp/
    Any guidelines regardring the package names for the components, how
    the components can be sent in etc...?

    I will open a sourceforge account instantly, but doing diffs might take
    longer :-)
  • Jesse Alexander (KBSA 21) at May 31, 2005 at 11:33 am