I'm running myfaces 1.0.9 with Tomcat 5.5.7
Everything works fine but regarding thrown Exceptions I have some problems.
I very often get this message

27.05.2005 14:05:02 org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader loadClass
INFO: Illegal access: this web application instance has been stopped
already. Could not load org.apache.log4j.spi.ThrowableInformation. The
eventual following stack trace is caused by an error thrown for
debugging purposes as well as to attempt to terminate the thread which
caused the illegal access, and has no functional impact.

And this stops me from locating errors and makes me really furious. How
can I stop this? Any suggestion is appreciated.

Best regards
Alex

Search Discussions

  • Martin Marinschek at May 27, 2005 at 12:32 pm
    I get this message only if I stop the application - not at any time
    else. Are you sure this has got something to do with your exceptions?

    regards,

    Martin
    I'm running myfaces 1.0.9 with Tomcat 5.5.7
    Everything works fine but regarding thrown Exceptions I have some problems.
    I very often get this message

    27.05.2005 14:05:02 org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader loadClass
    INFO: Illegal access: this web application instance has been stopped
    already. Could not load org.apache.log4j.spi.ThrowableInformation. The
    eventual following stack trace is caused by an error thrown for
    debugging purposes as well as to attempt to terminate the thread which
    caused the illegal access, and has no functional impact.

    And this stops me from locating errors and makes me really furious. How
    can I stop this? Any suggestion is appreciated.

    Best regards
    Alex
  • Alex at May 27, 2005 at 12:52 pm

    Martin Marinschek wrote:
    I get this message only if I stop the application - not at any time
    else. Are you sure this has got something to do with your exceptions?

    regards,

    Martin
    Yes, because this message always comes, when normally a
    nullpointerexception is thrown.
  • Francesco Consumi at May 27, 2005 at 12:41 pm

    Scrive alex <desperados_23@yahoo.co.nz>:

    27.05.2005 14:05:02 org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader loadClass
    INFO: Illegal access: this web application instance has been stopped
    already. Could not load org.apache.log4j.spi.ThrowableInformation.
    The eventual following stack trace is caused by an error thrown for
    debugging purposes as well as to attempt to terminate the thread
    which caused the illegal access, and has no functional impact.

    And this stops me from locating errors and makes me really furious.
    How can I stop this? Any suggestion is appreciated.
    you should toggle log4j.jar file from your project......

    --
    Francesco Consumi
    Ufficio Sistemi informativi
    consumi at istitutodeglinnocenti.it
    Tel. +39 055 2037320
    ICQ# 12516133
  • Alex at May 27, 2005 at 3:23 pm

    Francesco Consumi wrote:

    you should toggle log4j.jar file from your project......
    This is unfortunately not possible, because jpox.jar (I use jpox jdo2.0
    implementation for persistence) needs log4j.jar. Otherwise the
    application doesn't start due to the fact that inside of jpox errors
    appear if no log4j.jar is in the classpath.
    Is there a good way to map log4j output to commons-logging just by a
    configuration file? Or otherway round? I don't wanna type for any class
    myfaces uses a logger in the log4j.properties....
    very frustrating those things ...

    Regards
    Alex
  • Nail, Evan Burke at May 27, 2005 at 1:25 pm
    I googled nullpointerexception and those things are bad.

    bn

    I get this message only if I stop the application - not at any time
    else. Are you sure this has got something to do with your exceptions?

    regards,

    Martin
    Yes, because this message always comes, when normally a
    nullpointerexception is thrown.

    This e-mail is the property of Enron Corp. and/or its relevant affiliate and may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient (s). Any review, use, distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive for the recipient), please contact the sender or reply to Enron Corp. at enron.messaging.administration@enron.com and delete all copies of the message. This e-mail (and any attachments hereto) are not intended to be an offer (or an acceptance) and do not create or evidence a binding and enforceable contract between Enron Corp. (or any of its affiliates) and the intended recipient or any other party, and may not be relied on by anyone as the basis of a contract by estoppel or otherwise. Thank you.
  • Alexander Ihl at May 29, 2005 at 9:35 pm
    Hi,

    I'm running myfaces 1.0.9 with Tomcat 5.5.7
    Everything works fine but regarding thrown Exceptions I have some problems.
    I very often get this message

    27.05.2005 14:05:02 org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader loadClass
    INFO: Illegal access: this web application instance has been stopped
    already. Could not load org.apache.log4j.spi.ThrowableInformation. The
    eventual following stack trace is caused by an error thrown for
    debugging purposes as well as to attempt to terminate the thread which
    caused the illegal access, and has no functional impact.

    And this stops me from locating errors and makes me really furious. How
    can I stop this? Any suggestion is appreciated.

    Best regards
    Alex

  • Sean Schofield at May 31, 2005 at 1:40 pm
    First make sure you've seen the Tomcat 5.5 tips here:

    http://myfaces.apache.org/docs/tomcat55.html
    From your message it looks like there is an issue with log4j. Perhaps
    you can check the Tomcat list for problems related to "illegal access"

    sean
    I'm running myfaces 1.0.9 with Tomcat 5.5.7
    Everything works fine but regarding thrown Exceptions I have some problems.
    I very often get this message

    27.05.2005 14:05:02 org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader loadClass
    INFO: Illegal access: this web application instance has been stopped
    already. Could not load org.apache.log4j.spi.ThrowableInformation. The
    eventual following stack trace is caused by an error thrown for
    debugging purposes as well as to attempt to terminate the thread which
    caused the illegal access, and has no functional impact.

    And this stops me from locating errors and makes me really furious. How
    can I stop this? Any suggestion is appreciated.

    Best regards
    Alex

groupusers @
categoriesmyfaces