Hello!

I downloaded MyFaces 0.9.0 and Tomcat 5.0.30 and installed it (WinNT, jvm
1.4.2). I dropped the myfaces-examples.war in the auto deploy dir and tomcat
deployed it.
Now when I browse to "http://localhost:8080/myfaces-examples/" I get the error
below. I browsed the web but havent found anybody else with the same problem.
The same occures when I try other MyFaces demos like the one from the German
magazine ct... Can anybody help??

HTTP Status 500 -

type Exception report

message

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from
fulfilling this request.

exception

javax.servlet.ServletException: Servlet.init() for servlet Faces Servlet threw
exception

org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:118)
org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:160)

org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:799)

org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11Protocol.java:705)

org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:577)

java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

root cause

java.lang.IllegalStateException: No Factories configured for this Application -
typically this is because a context listener is not setup in your web.xml.
A typical config looks like this;
<listener>

<listener-class>org.apache.myfaces.webapp.StartupServletContextListener</listener-class>
</listener>

javax.faces.FactoryFinder.getFactory(FactoryFinder.java:101)
javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.init(FacesServlet.java:88)

org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:118)
org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:160)

org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:799)

org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11Protocol.java:705)

org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:577)

java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache
Tomcat/5.0.30 logs.

Search Discussions

  • Francesco Consumi at May 13, 2005 at 3:36 pm
    I downloaded MyFaces 0.9.0 and Tomcat 5.0.30 and installed it (WinNT, jvm
    1.4.2). I dropped the myfaces-examples.war in the auto deploy dir and tomcat
    deployed it.
    Now when I browse to "http://localhost:8080/myfaces-examples/" I get
    the error
    below. I browsed the web but havent found anybody else with the same problem.
    The same occures when I try other MyFaces demos like the one from the German
    magazine ct... Can anybody help??
    did you append this section to web.xml file ?

    <listener>
    <listener-class>
    org.apache.myfaces.webapp.StartupServletContextListener
    </listener-class>
    </listener>
  • Luke Bishop at May 14, 2005 at 3:44 pm
    Look at the Tomcat logs. Usually the logs indicate such a problem during
    startup.

    I downloaded MyFaces 0.9.0 and Tomcat 5.0.30 and installed it (WinNT, jvm
    1.4.2). I dropped the myfaces-examples.war in the auto deploy dir and tomcat
    deployed it.
    Now when I browse to "http://localhost:8080/myfaces-examples/" I get
    the error
    below. I browsed the web but havent found anybody else with the same problem.
    The same occures when I try other MyFaces demos like the one from the German
    magazine ct... Can anybody help??
    did you append this section to web.xml file ?

    <listener>
    <listener-class>
    org.apache.myfaces.webapp.StartupServletContextListener
    </listener-class>
    </listener>
  • Klug, Boris at May 17, 2005 at 11:13 pm
    Hi!

    I solved it. The problem was the class FacesConfigurator which could not create
    the temp files. Could creating the temp file was a problem on our Win NT
    system. Setting the env var CATALIN A_TMP which sets java.io.tempdir solved the
    problem.

    --
    Boris Klug

    Debeka Hauptverwaltung
    Abteilung IE/Q
    Ferdinand-Sauerbruch-Str. 18
    56058 Koblenz

    Telefon (0261) 498-3806

    E-Mail Boris.Klug@debeka.de
    Internet www.debeka.de

    Zitat von Francesco Consumi <consumi@istitutodeglinnocenti.it>:
    Scrive "Klug, Boris" <Boris.Klug@debeka.de>:
    Hello!

    I downloaded MyFaces 0.9.0 and Tomcat 5.0.30 and installed it (WinNT, jvm
    1.4.2). I dropped the myfaces-examples.war in the auto deploy dir and tomcat
    deployed it.
    Now when I browse to "http://localhost:8080/myfaces-examples/" I get
    the error
    below. I browsed the web but havent found anybody else with the same problem.
    The same occures when I try other MyFaces demos like the one from the German
    magazine ct... Can anybody help??
    did you append this section to web.xml file ?

    <listener>
    <listener-class>
    org.apache.myfaces.webapp.StartupServletContextListener
    </listener-class>
    </listener>
  • Steve rock at May 27, 2005 at 2:45 pm
    I am having the same problem. Myfaces .9 + JBoss 4

    Is this the error you were getting on app startup? Not sure what this means.

    -Steve

    2005-05-27 10:40:12,075 INFO
    [org.apache.myfaces.config.FacesConfigurator] Reading standard config
    org/apache/myfaces/resource/standard-faces-config.xml
    2005-05-27 10:40:12,201 ERROR
    [org.apache.myfaces.webapp.StartupServletContextListener] Error
    initializing ServletContext
    javax.faces.FacesException: java.io.EOFException: Unexpected end of
    ZLIB input stream
    at org.apache.myfaces.config.FacesConfigurator.feedJarConfig(FacesConfigurator.java:399)
    at org.apache.myfaces.config.FacesConfigurator.feedJarFileConfigurations(FacesConfigurator.java:311)
    at org.apache.myfaces.config.FacesConfigurator.configure(FacesConfigurator.java:203)
[...]

groupusers @
categoriesmyfaces
postedMay 13, '05 at 3:10p
activeMay 27, '05 at 2:45p