I'm sorry, I forgot to include the contents of my
"test.jsp" file. It's pretty simple and
straightforward.

<%@ page session="false"
contentType="text/html;charset=utf-8"%>
<%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsf/html"
prefix="h"%>
<%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsf/core"
prefix="f"%>
<%@ taglib uri="http://myfaces.apache.org/extensions"
prefix="x"%>

<x:inputDate popupCalendar="true"/>

I've changed the "<x:inputDate>" several times.
Initially it was "<f:view". To experiment with the
error I walked down the list of tags trying differant
ones. The error reported in the last email was the
same in each one so I assume it's a config problem?

Thanks,

Brian

__________________________________
Yahoo! Mail Mobile
http://mobile.yahoo.com/learn/mail

Search Discussions

  • David G. Friedman at May 13, 2005 at 9:16 pm
    Brian,

    Shouldn't you have the f:root tag somewhere before you call one of the other
    JSF tags? I haven't used the extensions but I'm just thinking it's probably
    linked...

    Regards,
    David

[...]

  • Brian Abbott at May 14, 2005 at 1:18 am
    Hi David,

    Thank you for the reply. I tried adding the <f:root>
    tag but received an exception:

    org.apache.jasper.JasperException: /test.jsp(7,0) No
    tag "root" defined in tag library imported with prefix
    "f"

    org.apache.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.jspError(DefaultErrorHandler.java:39)

    org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.dispatch(ErrorDispatcher.java:409)

    It looks as if the <f:root> tag isnt available in the
    MyFaces implementation? I'm not sure.

    Brian

    --- "David G. Friedman" wrote:
[...]

    Take Yahoo! Mail with you! Check email on your
    mobile phone.
    http://mobile.yahoo.com/learn/mail

    __________________________________
    Yahoo! Mail Mobile
    http://mobile.yahoo.com/learn/mail
  • Alex at May 14, 2005 at 7:49 am

    Brian Abbott wrote:
    It looks as if the <f:root> tag isnt available in the
    MyFaces implementation? I'm not sure.
    for sure, there is nor <f:root> in neither myfaces-implementation nor in
    the sun jsf-reference-implementation.

    jsf components depend on a tree, where the root is UIViewRoot. The tag
    in which every faces-tag has to be nested is called <f:view>
    How about taking a look at the source-code of the jsp-example pages?
    Maybe this little tutorial will help you to understand how every faces
    implementation works:

    http://www.exadel.com/tutorial/jsf/jsftutorial-kickstart.html

    http://myfaces.apache.org/tlddoc/ (list of all tags availablte in myfaces)

    Best regards
    Alex
  • Brian Abbott at May 15, 2005 at 12:49 am
    Thank you Alex! I read through the tutorial and
    realized my mistake. I was accessing the file as
    "test.jsp" where it had to be called as "test.jsf",
    I'm assuming in order to completely invoke and
    initialize the JSF framework.

    In playing around with the MyFaces I seem to have
    encountered an error in the <x:inputCalendar> tag.
    When I add "renderAsPopup=\"true\"", there is an error
    where the tag is not inserting the necessary
    JavaScript to generate the calendar. In my test, I
    have <x:inputDate> and <x:inputCalendar> running side
    by side (in the same test.jsp page). <x:inputDate>
    renders and operates as expected (very cool control!).
    However, after inspecting the JavaScrpipt, the method
    for inputCalendar was never generated.

    I would like to have a calendar AND time input as a
    single control/interface. Does MyFaces have something
    like that?

    Thanks,

    Brian
    --- alex wrote:
    Brian Abbott wrote:
    It looks as if the <f:root> tag isnt available in the
    MyFaces implementation? I'm not sure.
    for sure, there is nor <f:root> in neither
    myfaces-implementation nor in
    the sun jsf-reference-implementation.

    jsf components depend on a tree, where the root is
    UIViewRoot. The tag
    in which every faces-tag has to be nested is called
    <f:view>
    How about taking a look at the source-code of the
    jsp-example pages?
    Maybe this little tutorial will help you to
    understand how every faces
    implementation works:

    http://www.exadel.com/tutorial/jsf/jsftutorial-kickstart.html
    http://myfaces.apache.org/tlddoc/ (list of all tags
    availablte in myfaces)

    Best regards
    Alex
    http://mail.yahoo.com
  • Bruno Aranda at May 18, 2005 at 2:55 am
    Hi Brian,

    Verify that you have the extensionFilter configured in your web.xml file.
    See
    http://myfaces.apache.org/docs/extensionsFilter.html
    for further information,

    Bruno