Hi, I'm using Eclipse 3.1M4 and Subclipse 0.9.30 and I'm having trouble connecting to the Apache repository for MyFaces. My work has a Proxy for web connections, which I have configured under the Install/Update portion of the preferences per the Subclipse instructions. When I try and add a new SVN Repository:

Root url: http://svn.apache.org/repos

No Authentication
Validate Connection on Finish

I get:

Error validating location: "org.tigris.subversion.javahl.ClientException: RA layer request failed
svn: PROPFIND request failed on '/repos/asf/myfaces/trunk'
svn: PROPFIND of '/repos/asf/myfaces/trunk': could not connect to server (http://svn.apache.org)"

Keep location anyway?

Has anyone seen anything like this before? Anyone have any suggestions?

For read-only access, can I still use CVS?

Search Discussions

  • Grant Smith at May 11, 2005 at 7:10 pm

    Neal Haggard wrote:
    Hi, I'm using Eclipse 3.1M4 and Subclipse 0.9.30 and I'm having trouble connecting to the Apache repository for MyFaces. My work has a Proxy for web connections, which I have configured under the Install/Update portion of the preferences per the Subclipse instructions. When I try and add a new SVN Repository:

    Root url: http://svn.apache.org/repos
    Try making the root URL

    http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/myfaces
    No Authentication
    Validate Connection on Finish

    I get:

    Error validating location: "org.tigris.subversion.javahl.ClientException: RA layer request failed
    svn: PROPFIND request failed on '/repos/asf/myfaces/trunk'
    svn: PROPFIND of '/repos/asf/myfaces/trunk': could not connect to server (http://svn.apache.org)"

    Keep location anyway?

    Has anyone seen anything like this before? Anyone have any suggestions?

    For read-only access, can I still use CVS?

    No, CVS is now gone. If you can still access it, it is old sources.
  • Neal Haggard at May 11, 2005 at 7:48 pm
    I've changed my Root url to what you suggest, with no change in the error. It's still saying it can't connect to svn.apache.org. I guess next step is to head over to the Subclipse user mailing list and see if anyone over there has seen something similar.

    Thanks

[...]

  • Sylvain Vieujot at May 11, 2005 at 7:57 pm
    I had troubles to use eclipse+subclipse too.
    I used the commiters URL, and I can checkout, but then subclipse seems
    to loose track of the repository URL.
    I think this is a subclipse problem, as it worked fine with an older
    version of subclipse (I have eclipse 3.1M6 + subclipse 0.9.30.

    In the meantime, I resolved to do it by hand which isn't that bad
    really.

    If you find a fix, please let us know.

    Sylvain.
[...]

  • Bruno Aranda at May 12, 2005 at 7:08 am
    I am using eclipse 3.1M6 and subclipse 0.9.30 with JavaSVN and I have no
    problems to get and work with the myfaces SVN repository with anonymous
    identification, using

    url: http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/myfaces
    repos: http://svn.apache.org/repos

    I am also using this combination to access to a local SVN repository...

    Bruno

[...]

  • Hermod Opstvedt at May 13, 2005 at 6:16 am
    Hi

    I am using the same setup also behind a proxy, and it works just great.
    PS: DO not fill in anything for the username and password.

    Hermod

[...]

    entity to whom it is addressed. Please also be aware that the DnB NOR Group
    cannot accept any payment orders or other legally binding correspondence with
    customers as a part of an email.

    This email message has been virus checked by the virus programs used
    in the DnB NOR Group.

groupusers @
categoriesmyfaces
postedMay 11, '05 at 6:42p