Hello,

I am having problems with permissions when only the
web url is typed into the browser. I know this should
be just an apache config issue I have two sites being
served on this server and they both have the same
configuration in the vhost file. One site uses
mod_perl and has problems, the other uses cgi and has
no permissions issues. I am just checking if there
are any specific settings in the apache config for
mod_perl with regards to permissions since I haven't
found the problem

The following is my setup:

DocumentRoot "/http/greanie"
DirectoryIndex index index.html
<Directory "/http/greanie">
Options +FollowSymLinks
AllowOverride None
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
</Directory>

<IfModule mod_perl.c>
<Location /index>
SetHandler perl-script
PerlResponseHandler IndexHandler
PerlOptions +ParseHeaders
</Location>
</IfModule>

However, when I just put in the web address without a
specific resource (i.e. www.my.site.address.com), I
get the following error:

"You don't have permission to access the requested
directory. There is either no index document or the
directory is read-protected. You don't have
permission to access the requested object. It is
either read-protected or not readable by the server."

If I specify the whole path to the index file, I don't
get the error. I am I missing something? What does
this configuration work for the non-mod_perl site?

Help will be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

greanie