I'm getting another error now that I seem to have all of the packages
updated.

In the webpage:
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /pro/habitat.pl on this server.

In the error log:
[Sun Jul 09 03:20:35 2006] [error] [client 69.72.241.162] client denied
by server configuration: /home/perl/production/habitat.pl

The config for my mp handler is:

Alias /pro/ "/home/perl/production/"
<Location /pro>
SetHandler perl-script
PerlResponseHandler Habitat::Apache2
</Location>

I think it has something to do with a confliction coming from the
following modules:

LoadModule authn_file_module modules/mod_authn_file.so
LoadModule authn_dbm_module modules/mod_authn_dbm.so
LoadModule authn_anon_module modules/mod_authn_anon.so
LoadModule authn_dbd_module modules/mod_authn_dbd.so
LoadModule authn_default_module modules/mod_authn_default.so
LoadModule authz_host_module modules/mod_authz_host.so
LoadModule authz_groupfile_module modules/mod_authz_groupfile.so
LoadModule authz_user_module modules/mod_authz_user.so
LoadModule authz_dbm_module modules/mod_authz_dbm.so
LoadModule authz_owner_module modules/mod_authz_owner.so
LoadModule authz_default_module modules/mod_authz_default.so
LoadModule auth_basic_module modules/mod_auth_basic.so
LoadModule auth_digest_module modules/mod_auth_digest.so

I installed with shared all, to avoid spending hours picking and
choosing,
maybe I should have spent more time. I read in one of the auth mods
that it can prevent virtual files denying access. If I remark the mods
above
outright I get a syntax error stating "Order" is wrong in:

<Directory />
Options -Indexes FollowSymLinks
AllowOverride None
Order Deny,Allow
Deny from all
</Directory>

Any ideas on how I can get this working? Right now my production server
is down because of this, so any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Boysenberry

boysenberrys.com | habitatlife.com | selfgnosis.com

Search Discussions

  • Philip M. Gollucci at Jul 9, 2006 at 7:34 am

    Boysenberry Payne wrote:
    <Directory />
    Options -Indexes FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride None
    Order Deny,Allow
    Deny from all
    </Directory>
    I should think this would be explicit why....
    You want Allow from all
    or you want to specifically allow the hosts/nets you want after denying EVERYTHING as you have above.

    1024D/A79997FA F357 0FDD 2301 6296 690F 6A47 D55A 7172 A799 97F

    "In all that I've done wrong I know I must have done something right to
    deserve a hug every morning and butterfly kisses at night."
  • Philip M. Gollucci at Jul 9, 2006 at 7:35 am

    Boysenberry Payne wrote:
    Any ideas on how I can get this working? Right now my production server
    is down because of this, so any help would be much appreciated.
    You mean you didn't test and upgrading before doing it in production first ?
    *Sigh*

    1024D/A79997FA F357 0FDD 2301 6296 690F 6A47 D55A 7172 A799 97F

    "In all that I've done wrong I know I must have done something right to
    deserve a hug every morning and butterfly kisses at night."
  • Boysenberry Payne at Jul 9, 2006 at 7:54 am
    Unfortunately my development server is an OS X box and my production
    server
    is a Linux box. So even though I tried locally first I ran into
    difficulties with getting
    Math-Pari installed and decided a late night weekend attempt might be
    my best chance.
    I think it would have been easier, in that I could have kept my
    httpd.conf file largely
    intact if I had went for Apache2.0.58 over Apache2.2.2. If I can get
    it working it
    will have been worth it though.

    Removing the Deny All certain made the difference, thanks.

    Now I'm stuck with the following:

    /usr/local/apache2/bin/httpd: relocation error:
    /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/i686-linux/auto/APR/Request/
    Apache2/Apache2.so: undefined symbol: apreq_handle_apache2

    Any ideas why this would happen?

    -
    1024D/A79997FA F357 0FDD 2301 6296 690F 6A47 D55A 7172 A799 97F

    "In all that I've done wrong I know I must have done something right to
    deserve a hug every morning and butterfly kisses at night."
  • Boysenberry Payne at Jul 9, 2006 at 8:04 am
    Sorry I meant to hit reply to all, but it slipped, I did resent to the
    list though.

    Also, sorry some of this is really of list, like the "deny all" bit.

    You've been really helpful though, thank you.

    I forgot I remarked the 'LoadModule apreq_module modules/mod_apreq2.so'
    line
    while I was rebuilding it. I guess it doesn't pay to be tired while
    updating a production
    server. I should really fire myself, but alas, I'm the only one...

    Up until recently the production server was managed for me, so this is
    my first
    time even messing with it.

    It seems like I'm back on track now, just need to install some modules
    via cpan
    and hopefully all is well...

    Thanks,
    Boysenberry

    boysenberrys.com | habitatlife.com | selfgnosis.com
    /usr/local/apache2/bin/httpd: relocation error:
    /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/i686-linux/auto/APR/Request/
    Apache2/Apache2.so:
    undefined symbol: apreq_handle_apache2
    Yeah its a FAQ and I'm pretty sure you asked it before:

    LoadModule apreq_module modules/mod_apreq2.so

    [Keep it onlist]

    -
    1024D/A79997FA F357 0FDD 2301 6296 690F 6A47 D55A 7172 A799 97F

    "In all that I've done wrong I know I must have done something right to
    deserve a hug every morning and butterfly kisses at night."

groupmodperl @
categoriesmodperl, perl
postedJul 9, '06 at 7:29a
activeJul 9, '06 at 8:04a