Since there isn’t all that much documentation for Embperl/Embperl::Object, it would be helpful if someone could contribute a more comprehensive example of an “enterprise-sized” design that makes use of most of the powerful features of Embperl and Embperl::Object.

I have been using the tool for years and feel that it’s taken longer for me to unlock its more powerful features that it would have if there were a book available or if there was a more active user-community. Don’t get me wrong – I have stuck with Embperl::Object because it’s a powerful tool and I am grateful for everything that Gerald and others have done to make it the product that it is.

If I had to learn the product now, I would probably do as follows:

* Read the documentation on CPAN (obviously)
* Pay close attention to the Embperl::IntroEmbperlObject document ( http://search.cpan.org/~grichter/Embperl-2.4.0/IntroEmbperlObject.pod)
* Also pay close attention to Embperl::TipsAndTricks ( http://search.cpan.org/~grichter/Embperl-2.4.0/TipsAndTricks.pod)
* Then I would suggest looking at the “example” for the Embperl website itself (http://cpansearch.perl.org/src/GRICHTER/Embperl-2.4.0/eg/web/README)

All of the above are great, but I think that there are a few things that could be better documented:
- Syntaxes and Recipes
- More comprehensive documentation for Execute
- A more all-inclusive sample site design (the Embperl site is nice, but it doesn’t do much).

If anyone can point me to some helpful documentation in addition to what’s already posted to the CPAN, I would be grateful.

Regards,

Dave Williams
Office of the Chief Information Officer
NASA Headquarters
Washington, DC.

Search Discussions

  • Richter at Jan 12, 2011 at 4:46 am
    Hi,

    there is one other example, which is a short introduction how to use Embperl::Form in http://cpansearch.perl.org/src/GRICHTER/Embperl-2.4.0/eg/forms/README.txt

    I am not aware of any other public examples.

    Sorry

    Gerald

[...]

groupembperl @
categoriesmodperl, perl