Hi everyone,
I somehow managed to break some part of my perl installation while
upgrading it, and now 'make test' with Embperl fails even the most basic
ascii test:
[-1][2667]ERR: 24: Error in Perl code: syntax error at
/root/Embperl-2.3.0/test/html/ascii line 3, at EOF
[-2]syntax error at /root/Embperl-2.3.0/test/html/ascii line 11, near ";
[-3]]"

Normally I have something to go on, but I don't even know where to start
with this one, it's finding errors in the ascii file on lines that
aren't even there, here's the top 12 lines from the file:
---- ./test/cmp/ascii
Just a litle text ...

Nothing here to say ...

No HTML tags ...

Just ASCII ...

And once again ...

Just a litle text ...

----

I don't know where it got the ; on line 11 from?

I didn't want to make this email any bigger by attaching the test.log
file, so you can download it here:
http://rarcoa.com/embperl/test.log (74kb)

my system comes with a handy script called 'perl-cleaner' which
basically rebuilds all perl related modules, so I ran that, and
reinstalled mod_perl etc., but still no go with Embperl, there has to be
some leftover bit from the old perl version, I just don't know where to
look now.
ps. my old perl version was 5.10.1, and now I'm using 5.12.2

so any pointers would be appreciated,
Thanks!

--
Gerard Saraber

  • Gerald Richter - ECOS at Sep 14, 2010 at 9:06 am
    Hi,

    for Perl 5.12 please use http://www.embperl.org/downloads/Embperl-2.4.0_3.tar.gz

    Gerald

    I somehow managed to break some part of my perl installation while
    upgrading it, and now 'make test' with Embperl fails even the most
    basic
    ascii test:
    [-1][2667]ERR: 24: Error in Perl code: syntax error at
    /root/Embperl-2.3.0/test/html/ascii line 3, at EOF
    [-2]syntax error at /root/Embperl-2.3.0/test/html/ascii line 11, near
    ";
[...]

  • Gerard at Sep 14, 2010 at 1:36 pm
    That fixed everything!
    Thank you sir.

[...]