Found a piece of oddity. I reread README.v2.txt again this time so I
didn't stumble on something else that was mentioned. The closest thing I
could possibly relate my behavior problems to is this:

"- Nesting must be done properly. I.e. you cannot put a
tag (for a dynamic table) inside an 'if' and the
inside another 'if'.
(That still works for static tables)"

Here's the code which produeces the problem (this worked in 1.3.6):
[- $var="232"; @graph_order = qw(one two three four five six seven
eight); -]
[- $count = 1 -]
[$ foreach $graph (@graph_order) $]
[$ if ($count % 3 == 0) $]

[$ else $]
[$ endif $]
[- $count++ -]
[$ endforeach $]
[+ $var +]

Here is the output:

<[+>$var

If this is truly a nested problem, how can I get the functionality I
want? The '<[+>$var' is also interesting.
--
"One certain effect of war is to diminish freedom of expression. Patriotism
becomes the order of the day and those who question the war are seen as

  • Gerald Richter at May 4, 2006 at 7:37 am

    Found a piece of oddity. I reread README.v2.txt again this
    time so I didn't stumble on something else that was
    mentioned. The closest thing I could possibly relate my
    behavior problems to is this:

    "- Nesting must be done properly. I.e. you cannot put a tag
    (for a dynamic table) inside an 'if' and the inside another 'if'.
    (That still works for static tables)"
    That's it!

    Here's the code which produeces the problem (this worked in 1.3.6):
    [- $var="232"; @graph_order = qw(one two three four five six
    seven eight); -] <table> <tr>
    [- $count = 1 -]
    [$ foreach $graph (@graph_order) $]
    [$ if ($count % 3 == 0) $]

    [$ else $]
    [$ endif $]
    [- $count++ -]
    [$ endforeach $]
    [+ $var +]
    Tr and if are nested incorrect.

    If this is truly a nested problem, how can I get the
    functionality I want?
    Yes, that is the problem. You can turn of dynamic table processing by saying

    [$ syntax EmbperlBlocks $]

    Before your table (you could also put this into the httpd.conf as
    Embperl_Syntax)

    Gerald

    ** Virus checked by BB-5000 Mailfilter **