Hello,

Recordset seems to have problem with Postgres 8, probably because of
some changes in Postgres schema handling 7.4 -> 8.0 (because it works
fine with 7.4 and older versions). The problem manifests itself with
some 'no relation triggers found' (and then a lot of 'command ignored'
errors). It's because DBI->tables() returns tables from all schemas.
Quick fix is to add to Compat

sub ListTablesPg8

{
my $hdl = shift ;

return $hdl -> tables( undef, 'public' ) ;
}

and

%Compat =

'Pg' =>
'ListTables' => \&ListTablesPg8,

- Robert

PS DBI docs says

@names = $dbh->tables( $catalog, $schema, $table, $type );
@names = $dbh->tables; # deprecated

so maybe default ListTables method should be modified instead, but then
whole Recordset should be made schema-aware first I guess - should
somebody have a bit of free time... ;-)

  • Gerald Richter at Nov 8, 2005 at 8:30 am
    Hi,
    Recordset seems to have problem with Postgres 8, probably
    because of some changes in Postgres schema handling 7.4 ->
    8.0 (because it works fine with 7.4 and older versions). The
    problem manifests itself with some 'no relation triggers
    found' (and then a lot of 'command ignored'
    errors). It's because DBI->tables() returns tables from all schemas.
    Quick fix is to add to Compat
    Thanks for the patch. It will be in the next release of DBIx::Recordset

    Gerald

    sub ListTablesPg8

    {
    my $hdl = shift ;

    return $hdl -> tables( undef, 'public' ) ;
    }

    and

    %Compat =

    'Pg' =>
    'ListTables' => \&ListTablesPg8,

    - Robert

    PS DBI docs says

    @names = $dbh->tables( $catalog, $schema, $table, $type );
    @names = $dbh->tables; # deprecated

    so maybe default ListTables method should be modified
    instead, but then whole Recordset should be made schema-aware
    first I guess - should somebody have a bit of free time... ;-)

    ** Virus checked by BB-5000 Mailfilter **