Hello,

after only just about three years of waiting, I now have Embperl 2 up
and running. I'm a bit slow, I know, but not that much - I misseed only
about 7 betas of Embperl 2 ;-) (sorry, Gerald, I couldn't resist)

I reread README.v2, it's great, but is there any more docs? Esp.
Gerald's and Axel's talks from ApacheCon and YAPC? I'm still confused
how app object, sdat etc are supposed to be used

And one more question: Is there cuurently any important difference between

[* foreach $i (1..10) { *]
[* } *]

and

[$ foreach $i (1..10) $]
[$ endforeach $]

The docs says it's equivalent, but I seem to remember that [* was
supposedly less stable. Is performance the same?

Thanks.

- Robert

  • Gerald Richter at Mar 22, 2004 at 5:54 pm
    Hi,
    after only just about three years of waiting, I now have Embperl 2
    up
    and running. I'm a bit slow, I know, but not that much - I misseed
    only about 7 betas of Embperl 2 ;-) (sorry, Gerald, I couldn't resist)
    I should have made a new beta for every change, than you would surely missed
    about 700 betas ;-)
    I reread README.v2, it's great, but is there any more docs? Esp.
    Gerald's and Axel's talks from ApacheCon and YAPC? I'm still confused
    how app object, sdat etc are supposed to be used
    All docs can be found at http://perl.apache.org/embperl/pod/doc/ . Now
    everything shoud be updated to reflect Embperl 2.0.

    Intros can be found here http://perl.apache.org/embperl/pod/intro/

    The ApacheCon talks is at
    http://perl.apache.org/embperl/pod/intro/IntroEmbperl2.htm

    BTW. All these docs are also included in the Embperl distribution.
    And one more question: Is there cuurently any important difference
    between

    [* foreach $i (1..10) { *]
    [* } *]

    and

    [$ foreach $i (1..10) $]
    [$ endforeach $]

    The docs says it's equivalent, but I seem to remember that [* was
    supposedly less stable. Is performance the same?
    It's really no difference. Both evaluate to the same Perl code in Embperl
    2.0. It was unstable in 1.3, but this isn't the case in 2.0

    Gerald

    Gerald Richter ecos electronic communication services gmbh

    Post: Tulpenstrasse 5 D-55276 Dienheim b. Mainz
    E-Mail: richter@ecos.de Voice: +49 6133 939-122
    WWW: http://www.ecos.de/ Fax: +49 6133 939-333
    Besuchen Sie uns auf der CeBIT (18. - 24. März 2004)
    Halle 6 Stand B38-452