Excerpt from run with debug:

DB: do 'UPDATE transactions SET archived=?,status=? WHERE archived = 0 AND
deleted = 0 AND order_number IN (2288)' bind_values=<1 order> bind_types=<1
12>
Cannot specify both sql_type and pg_type at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.1/
DBIx/Database.pm line 148.

Commenting out lines #147-148 and reenabling line # 146 seems to finish this
problem. But it seems to be a troublesome spot, judging by the number of
commented lines :-)
I think that I just moved the problem to another area. Could you look into
this ?

--
Kaare Rasmussen --Linux, spil,-- Tlf: 3816 2582
Kaki Data tshirts, merchandize Fax: 3816 2501

  • Terrence Brannon at Mar 13, 2004 at 3:19 pm

    Kaare Rasmussen wrote:
    This happens with DBIx::Recordset 0.25.
    I'm sorry I didn't respond to your earlier version of this post.

    I have a version 0.25a in my svn repository. Perhaps I did not upload it.
    Excerpt from run with debug:

    DB: do 'UPDATE transactions SET archived=?,status=? WHERE archived = 0 AND
    deleted = 0 AND order_number IN (2288)' bind_values=<1 order> bind_types=<1
    12>
    Cannot specify both sql_type and pg_type at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.1/
    DBIx/Database.pm line 148.
    What source code did this? Is it possible for a query using
    DBSchema::Sample:

    http://dbschema-sample.berlios.de/

    to create the same problem?
    Commenting out lines #147-148 and reenabling line # 146 seems to finish this
    problem. But it seems to be a troublesome spot, judging by the number of
    commented lines :-)
    I'm not sure whch lines you are referring to. Could you show me what the
    source code in those lines looks like? Here is what 0.25a has there:

    == lines 143 - 152 ===

    for (my $i = 0 ; $i < @$bval; $i++)
    {
    $bval -> [$i] += 0 if (defined ($bval -> [$i]) &&
    defined ($btype -> [$i]) && $Numeric -> {$btype -> [$i]}) ;
    #$sth -> bind_param ($i+1, $bval -> [$i], $btype -> [$i]) ;
    #$sth -> bind_param ($i+1, $bval -> [$i], $btype -> [$i]
    == DBI::SQL_CHAR()?DBI::SQL_CHAR():undef ) ;
    my $bt = $btype -> [$i] ;
    $sth -> bind_param ($i+1, $bval -> [$i], (defined ($bt)
    && $bt <= DBI::SQL_CHAR())?{TYPE=>$bt}:undef ) ;
    }
    $ret = $sth -> execute ;
    }

    I think that I just moved the problem to another area. Could you look into
    this ?

  • Kaare Rasmussen at Mar 22, 2004 at 5:59 pm
    Hi

    To follow up on this problem - the attached perl script still shows the same
    error:

    Cannot specify both sql_type and pg_type at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.1/
    DBIx/Database.pm line 149.

    with the attached sql. It is for PostgreSQL 7.3.4, but I think any recent
    PostgreSQL gives the same answer.
    DBD::Pg is 1.31 and Perl is 5.8.1

    Hope this can give a clue.

    --
    Kaare Rasmussen --Linux, spil,-- Tlf: 3816 2582
    Kaki Data tshirts, merchandize Fax: 3816 2501
    Howitzvej 75 Åben 12.00-18.00 Email: kar@kakidata.dk
    2000 Frederiksberg Lørdag 12.00-16.00 Web: www.suse.dk
  • Terrence Brannon at Mar 23, 2004 at 1:10 am
    I am transitioning out of computer consulting and into teaching high
    school mathematics.

    I do not have time to maintain Recordset.

    Whoever takes it over should be ready to use SVN, Postgres, MySQL,
    SQLite, and of course Perl.

  • Angus Lees at Mar 23, 2004 at 5:27 am
    Whatever came of the "Can't upgrade that kind of scalar" errors with
    DBIx::Recordset and perl 5.8?

    Did you ask the perl core guys what they wanted to do with it?

    (I'm wondering whether the current "using globref as both arrayref and
    hashref" approach has a future at all..)

    --
    - Gus

  • Terrence Brannon at Mar 23, 2004 at 6:08 pm

    Angus Lees wrote:
    Whatever came of the "Can't upgrade that kind of scalar" errors with
    DBIx::Recordset and perl 5.8?
    Here is the URL to the root of the thread you are talking about:

    http://www.ecos.de/~mailarc/embperl/2004-01/msg00064.html
    Did you ask the perl core guys what they wanted to do with it?
    I never made such a promise...did you ever post the patch you wrote
    about here:

    <quote>

    I've just spent the last few days hacking around this. The solution I
    came up with (I'll post the patch on tuesday or so) was to make links
    always return an array ref (tied to DBIx::Recordset), rather than the
    full glob.

    </quote>
    (I'm wondering whether the current "using globref as both arrayref and
    hashref" approach has a future at all..)

    There is a nice Perl package called Object::Multitype that allows for an
    object to be used as an array and hash without the glob issues... but it
    is bound to be slow.

  • Kee Hinckley at Mar 23, 2004 at 7:22 pm