Are there any issues with using mdat and udat in the same page?
I've been using udat for a while with no problems, and mdat also seems to
work fine on its own, but mdat and udat in a single page cause the server
to lockup.

I'm using Embperl 1.3.4, Session 1.54, SessionX 2.00b3. I'm using mysql
for session storage.

I have pages,
x.html: [+ $udat{x} +]
y.html: [+ $mdat{y} +]
z.html: [+ $udat{x}." ".$mdat{y} +]

x.html and y.html work fine, but z.html causes the page to hang forever.

  • Joshua Spoerri at Jan 22, 2003 at 3:54 pm
    Are there any issues with using mdat and udat in the same page?
    I've been using udat for a while with no problems, and mdat also seems to
    work fine on its own, but mdat and udat in a single page cause the server
    to lockup.

    I'm using Embperl 1.3.4, Session 1.54, SessionX 2.00b3. I'm using mysql
    for session storage.

    I have pages,
    x.html: [+ $udat{x} +]
    y.html: [+ $mdat{y} +]
    z.html: [+ $udat{x}." ".$mdat{y} +]

    x.html and y.html work fine, but z.html causes the page to hang forever.

  • Angus Lees at Jan 27, 2003 at 5:40 am

    Are there any issues with using mdat and udat in the same page?
    I've been using udat for a while with no problems, and mdat also seems to
    work fine on its own, but mdat and udat in a single page cause the server
    to lockup.

    I'm using Embperl 1.3.4, Session 1.54, SessionX 2.00b3. I'm using mysql
    for session storage.
    try using something other than sysv semaphore locking (eg
    filelocking).

    its possible to get hash collisions with the Apache::Session sysv
    semaphore locking code, which means both %udat and %mdat try and grab
    the same lock. (afaik this hasn't been fixed or worked around in
    Apache::SessionX yet)

    --
    - Gus