Having had great success with embperl 2.0b8 under solaris and linux using Embperl::Object, but with everything being just a bit too slow for us (we have to use CGI as we need everything secure with individual user ids), I've decided to try using it with FastCGI.

Unfortunately something isn't quite working right, the main log shows:

[Fri Dec 6 06:19:32 2002] [warn] FastCGI: (dynamic) server "/vhosts/dwdef03/cgi-bin/embpcgi.fcgi" (uid 11064, gid 11008) started (pid 8632)
[8304]ERR: 24: Error in Perl code: Can't locate object method "enforce_group" via package "Embperl::Req" (perhaps you forgot to load "Embperl::Req"?) at /vhosts/dwdef03/htdocs/index.html line 3.

The top part of index.html is:

[-
$req = shift;
$gdat = $req->enforce_group(group => 'config');
$site = $req->site();
sub page { 'site configuration' }
-]

And enforce_group comes from base.epl which is defined using a [$ sub enforce_group $] block.

Perhaps FastCGI with Embperl::Object hasn't been tested, or perhaps I'm doing something wrong?

Best wishes, James
--
James Ponder

  • Gerald Richter at Dec 6, 2002 at 6:45 pm
    [Fri Dec 6 06:19:32 2002] [warn] FastCGI: (dynamic) server
    "/vhosts/dwdef03/cgi-bin/embpcgi.fcgi"

    You need to use embpfastcgi.pl and modified it so that it calls
    Embperl::Object::Execute instead of Embperl::Execute. Addtionaly you may
    pass parameters like the name of you base template etc.

    Gerald