I'm having a problem with udat running under cgi mode. It doesn't seem to
be keeping session data. Do i need mod_perl installed in order for it to
work? I have the following installed on a linux/Apache box:

Embperl-2.0b8
Apache-Session-1.54
Apache-SessionX-2.00b3

Embperl found both Apache::Session and Apache::SessionX when i ran the
Makefile.PL and installed successfully. I also have the following defined
in my embpcgi.pl file:

BEGIN
{
push(@INC, q(/home/alienated/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1));
push(@INC,
q(/home/alienated/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/Apache/SessionX/Generate))
;
# This line above apparently fixed a problem with SessionX, which seemed to
complain about undefined MD5 function on any page where i called udat

push(@INC,
q(/home/alienated/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/i386-linux));
$ENV{EMBPERL_SESSION_CLASSES} = "FileStore NullLocker";
$ENV{EMBPERL_SESSION_ARGS} =
"Directory=/home/alienated/cgi-bin/tmp";

%Embperl::initparam = (use_env => 1, use_redirect_env => 1) ;
}

(and i created the 'Directory' w/ permissions 777 - not sure if i need to?)
The test i'm running is as follows:

$udat{'count'}++;
print OUT $udat{'count'};

#(always prints 1)

Please let me know what i'm doing wrong or if its not possible to run under
my setup. Thanks,

-Patrick-

  • Gerald Richter at Oct 10, 2002 at 5:56 pm
    Hi,
    $ENV{EMBPERL_SESSION_CLASSES} = "FileStore NullLocker";
    Should be

    $ENV{EMBPERL_SESSION_CLASSES} = "File Null";

    (The FileStore and NullLocker was from Apache::Sesion 0.17 and doesn't works
    anymore)

    $ENV{EMBPERL_SESSION_ARGS} =
    "Directory=/home/alienated/cgi-bin/tmp";
    You should create the tmp directory outside of a directory that is
    accessable through the webserver (this is a security problem and a problem
    that will not work)

    %Embperl::initparam = (use_env => 1, use_redirect_env => 1) ;
    }

    (and i created the 'Directory' w/ permissions 777 - not sure if i need
    to?)

    Yes you need to
    The test i'm running is as follows:

    $udat{'count'}++;
    print OUT $udat{'count'};

    #(always prints 1)

    Please let me know what i'm doing wrong or if its not possible to run under
    my setup. Thanks,
    Yes, it works with CGI.

    Gerald

    Gerald Richter ecos electronic communication services gmbh

    Post: Tulpenstrasse 5 D-55276 Dienheim b. Mainz
    E-Mail: richter@ecos.de Voice: +49 6133 925131
    WWW: http://www.ecos.de Fax: +49 6133 925152