Gerald,

XML/XSLT is all a bit new to me, but I am very keen to see what you have
done with Embperl.

However, I am having some problems building with XALAN, which I downloaded
the linux binary dist from apache.org.

Embperl make fails with the following error:
LD_RUN_PATH="/usr/lib:/usr/local/xml-xalan/c//lib:/usr/local/xerces-c1_5_1-linux/lib"
cc -shared -L/usr/local/lib Embperl.o epmain.o epio.o epchar.o epcmd.o
eputil.o epeval.o epapinit.o epcmd2.o epparse.o epdom.o epcomp.o epcache.o
epprovider.o driver/eplibxslt.o driver/epxalan.o -o
blib/arch/auto/HTML/Embperl/Embperl.so -L/usr/lib -lxml2 -lz -L/lib -lm
-L/usr/lib -L/lib -lxslt -lxml2 -lz -lm -L/usr/local/xml-xalan/c//lib
-L/usr/local/xerces-c1_5_1-linux/lib -lxalan-c1_2 -lxerces-c1_5_1
driver/epxalan.o: file not recognized: File format not recognized
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

The file format of driver/epxalan.o is ASCII text, as this file is compiled
with the -E compiler option.

If I force it to attempt compiling "properly", there are errors with C++
function signatures thrown exceptions being defined differently etc etc.

This is all a bit complicated for me here, given zero background with these
libraries and Embperl's intended use.
If you can give me a couple of hints I can most likely sort it out.

Cheers, Alan

  • Gerald Richter at Jan 7, 2002 at 8:10 pm

    XML/XSLT is all a bit new to me, but I am very keen to see what you have
    done with Embperl.

    However, I am having some problems building with XALAN, which I downloaded
    the linux binary dist from apache.org.
    I would suggest to set

    XERCESCROOT and XALANCROOT environment variables

    and run

    runConfigure -p linux

    for xalan. (see http://xml.apache.org/xalan-c/readme.html#unix)

    Then rerun Makefile.PL. Makefile.PL should pick the options that Xalan has
    find out during runConfigure and hopefully compile and link properly

    Gerald

    Gerald Richter ecos electronic communication services gmbh

    Post: Tulpenstrasse 5 D-55276 Dienheim b. Mainz
    E-Mail: richter@ecos.de Voice: +49 6133 925131
    WWW: http://www.ecos.de Fax: +49 6133 925152