I want udat to work correctly. The server I am working on has this
configuration.

Server: Apache/1.3.12 (Unix) (Red Hat/Linux)
mod_perl/1.24
Embperl 1.3b3

My code looks like this:

if (exists $fdat{login}) {
%udat = {};
%udat = (login => $login, loginPass => $loginPass);
}
else {
$login = $udat{login};
$loginPass = $udat{loginPass};
}

This is a recursive page. The first time I execute this code I put data
into the udat and each subsequent time I retrieve the values. However, I do
not always get the values that were just written. Usually I get the values
that I used in previous tests. If I reload the page enough times, I
eventually get my current values. It appears that udat is not tied properly.

I know there are lots of work arounds to this; use Apache::Session,
cookies, adding the data to the url or using IPC::Shareable. But udat is
elegant and simple. I would like to get it working.

The server administrator is working with me on this.

Here is a part of the httpd.config:

PerlModule HTML::Embperl

PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_ESCMODE 0

SetEnv EMBPERL_VIRTLOG /embperl
<Location /perl-status>
SetHandler perl-script
PerlHandler Apache::Status
order deny,allow
deny from all
allow from 123.456.78.910
</Location>

<Location /embperl>
SetHandler perl-script
PerlHandler HTML::Embperl
Options ExecCGI
</Location>

Any suggestions?

Thank you,

Jim

Jim Hamer

Downtown Data Processing Inc.
(416) 489-3298 home and office
jhamer@canada.com
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
http://webhome.idirect.com/~jhamer/

  • Gerald Richter at Jun 20, 2001 at 5:50 am
    Here is a part of the httpd.config:
    I don't see any setup for the session managenet in your config. Do have
    configured EMBPERL_SESSION_CLASSES and EMBPERL_SESSION_ARGS ? If, yes how,
    if no we have found the reason why it can't work.

    Gerald

    Gerald Richter ecos electronic communication services gmbh

    Post: Tulpenstrasse 5 D-55276 Dienheim b. Mainz
    E-Mail: richter@ecos.de Voice: +49 6133 925131
    WWW: http://www.ecos.de Fax: +49 6133 925152