I'm just full of problems, now it's a flaky %udat. First the setup. I have 8 developers that are developing off of 1 server, but are using their own apache processes on different ports. I had to do this way to prevent Perl package sharing amoungst developers. One problem I ran into was session data. It seemed that the first developer, to use %udat, had no problems, but the remainders would be locked out. Instead of using "SysVSemaphoreLocker" or "Semaphore", I used "NullLocker" and "Null" for the development site. I curious if using the "Null" lock style would cause a problem with %udat not having values stick.

Little chunck from the httpd.conf.

----
PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_SESSION_CLASSES "MySQL Null"
PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_SESSION_ARGS "DataSource=dbi:mysql:database=sessions UserName=global Password=global"
----

Thanks,
John

--
John Walstra CNET Networks
Senior Software Developer, Jack Of All Trades 300 Park Blvd, Suite 105

Search Discussions

  • Angus Lees at Mar 8, 2001 at 12:07 am

    PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_SESSION_CLASSES "MySQL Null"
    PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_SESSION_ARGS "DataSource=dbi:mysql:database=sessions UserName=global Password=global"
    ----
    you've got several apache processes writing to the one mysql database
    table, but no locking to prevent "race-condition fun".

    --
    - Gus
  • John Walstra at Mar 8, 2001 at 2:01 am

    John

    Thus spake Angus Lees (gus@switchonline.com.au):
    PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_SESSION_CLASSES "MySQL Null"
    PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_SESSION_ARGS "DataSource=dbi:mysql:database=sessions UserName=global Password=global"
    ----
    you've got several apache processes writing to the one mysql database
    table, but no locking to prevent "race-condition fun".

    --
    - Gus

    John Walstra CNET Networks
    Senior Software Developer, Jack Of All Trades 300 Park Blvd, Suite 105
    mailto:johnw@cnet.com Itasca, IL 60143-4914
    Phone: 630.438.7000 x1304 Fax: 630.775.0555
  • Gerald Richter at Mar 8, 2001 at 5:13 am

    Ok, but using "Semaphore" is going to cause a permission problem with
    having several apache processes owned by different users. After
    exploring the Apache::Session files, and documents, it looks like I can
    set the "SemaphoreKey". How can I set this within Embperl? I'm assume
    through "EMBPERL_SESSION_ARGS".
    Yes, like

    PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_SESSION_ARGS "SemaphoreKey=123
    DataSource=dbi:mysql:database=sessions UserName=global Password=global"

    Gerald

groupembperl @
categoriesmodperl, perl
postedMar 7, '01 at 11:20p