Using EmbperObject, I notice that in the web server logs I have many error
messages like this:

Warning in Perl code: Embperl path search
/opt/ebptest_content/secure/training/cbt/gos/fitness/eplo_nav_area.epl

- these are not actually errors, but are seen during normal execution and
seem to be generated from a 'warn' command in the sub Checkfile in
Embperl.pm. Is there a way I can prevent these path search messages without
commenting out the 'warn ...' line in the Embperl.pm package?

Thanks,
Shef Worboys
dakota51@earthlink.net

Search Discussions

  • Wim Kerkhoff at Oct 25, 2000 at 3:46 am

    Using EmbperObject, I notice that in the web server logs I have many error
    messages like this:

    Warning in Perl code: Embperl path search
    /opt/ebptest_content/secure/training/cbt/gos/fitness/eplo_nav_area.epl

    - these are not actually errors, but are seen during normal execution and
    seem to be generated from a 'warn' command in the sub Checkfile in
    Embperl.pm. Is there a way I can prevent these path search messages without
    commenting out the 'warn ...' line in the Embperl.pm package?
    I ran into that today too. I ended up deleting that warn line as well. Do a grep for "warn" in the Embperl.pm package, you'll see that there are many, but mostly commented out. Could be that someone forgot to comment out that warn...

    Wim Kerkhoff
    Software Engineer
    Merilus Technologies, Inc.
    wim@merilus.com
  • Gerald Richter at Oct 25, 2000 at 6:07 am

    Using EmbperObject, I notice that in the web server logs I have many error
    messages like this:

    Warning in Perl code: Embperl path search
    /opt/ebptest_content/secure/training/cbt/gos/fitness/eplo_nav_area.epl

    - these are not actually errors, but are seen during normal execution and
    seem to be generated from a 'warn' command in the sub Checkfile in
    Embperl.pm. Is there a way I can prevent these path search messages without
    commenting out the 'warn ...' line in the Embperl.pm package?
    These are debugging messages for debugging Embperl itself. They should have
    been all removed in 1.3b6. dbgObjectSearch flag gives you the possibility to
    enable them if necessary (output will go to embperl logfile in this case).

    Gerald

    Gerald Richter ecos electronic communication services gmbh

    Post: Tulpenstrasse 5 D-55276 Dienheim b. Mainz
    E-Mail: richter@ecos.de Voice: +49 6133 925151
    WWW: http://www.ecos.de Fax: +49 6133 925152

groupembperl @
categoriesmodperl, perl