Hi

I am building my project using maven,

I have some german character in my validation-global.xml

When I build it they got converted to some garbage value in validation.xml.

If I add <? Xml version=1.0 encoding ="iso-8859-1"> in validation-global.xml , then after build german character placed as it is in validation.xml.

But in validation.xml after <form-validation> I have again <? Xml version=1.0 encoding ="iso-8859-1"> which violets the XML structure and it doesnot work.

Please assist

Thanks

Warm Regards,

Praveen Jain

HYPERLINK "http://www.oracle.com/" \nOracle
Praveen Jain | 020-66563094
Prime Sourcing, Oracle Financial Services, Oracle Park,
Pune, India

Search Discussions

  • Martin Eisengardt at Nov 29, 2012 at 10:47 am
    Do you set any encoding in your pom.xml?
    for example see
    http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-resources-plugin/examples/encoding.html

    When I build it they got converted to some garbage value in validation.xml.
    ****

    ** **

    [image: Oracle] <http://www.oracle.com/>
    Praveen Jain | 020-66563094
    Prime Sourcing, Oracle Financial Services, Oracle Park,
    Pune, India****

    ** **

    ** **

  • Praveen Jain at Nov 29, 2012 at 10:53 am
    Yes I am using ISO-8859-1

[...]

  • Praveen Jain at Dec 3, 2012 at 4:47 am
    Can u please someone tell , how can I add german characters in validation.global.xml?

    So that it can be converted exactly in validation.xml m while building.

[...]

  • Mikhail Kalkov at Dec 3, 2012 at 10:17 am
    Hi,

    I don't understand your problem and doubt many people do. What is validation.xml and how does it relate to validation-global.xml? Why is form-validation tag relevant? I am afraid your question is as cryptic as Napoleon's kremlin letter (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-20572136). If you succinctly describe how your problem can be reproduced by any mailing list subscriber, there is a better chance you get a helpful reply.

    Kind regards,
    Mikhail Kalkov

[...]

  • Praveen Jain at Dec 3, 2012 at 10:55 am
    When we include xdoclet in the project there is no need to write validation.xml (for struts validation).

    All rules are defined in validator-global.xml and when user build using maven validation.xml is generated runtime and validator-global.xml is merged in validation.xml

    All properties are defined in <strutsvalidationxml/>

    http://xdoclet.sourceforge.net/xdoclet/ant/xdoclet/modules/apache/struts/StrutsValidationXmlSubTask.html

    if I write some german character in the validator-global.xml , and when build all german character are converted to some garbage value in validation.xml.

    hope this is will clear the problem.

    _____

[...]

  • Mikhail Kalkov at Dec 3, 2012 at 5:35 pm
    I've never used XDoclet but it sounds like xmlencoding attribute of < strutsvalidationxml/ > tag only sets the output encoding, and there is no simple way to set the input incoding. It is also noteworthy that the default output encoding is UTF-8. Can you try to convert your validator-global.xml from iso-8859-1 to utf-8? Which version of xdoclet and xdoclet-maven-plugin do you use by the way?

    /Mikhail

[...]

  • Praveen Jain at Dec 4, 2012 at 4:59 am
    I am using Xdoclet 1.2.3 and org.apache.maven.plugin is 1.6.

    There is no encoding tag in validator-global.xml

    If I add

    <? xmlversion=”1.1”  encoding=”ISO-8859-1”>

    Then it simply added to validation.xml with all other tag and

    This line is added 2 time in Validation.xml   and it fails while xml validation. but conversion done properly. So I cannot add explicit encoding in validator-global.xml.

    If encoding is UTF-8 then german character converted to garbage value.

    How can we define which encoding should use while merging ? by default it is UTF-8 which is not working.

    Thanks

    Warm Regards,

    Praveen Jain

[...]

  • Mikhail Kalkov at Dec 4, 2012 at 9:31 am
    By the way, I've just noticed that you use
    <? xmlversion=”1.1” encoding=”ISO-8859-1”>
    whereas it should be
    <?xmlversion="1.1" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>

    I've removed whitespace before xmlversion, changed quotes to ASCII, and most importantly added a missing question mark in the end.

    /Mikhail

[...]

  • Praveen Jain at Dec 4, 2012 at 9:34 am
    Sorry  it is just typo in the mail.

    But in real it is  right as per syntax, there is no extra space or any character.

    Thanks

    Warm Regards,

    Praveen Jain

[...]

  • Mikhail Kalkov at Dec 5, 2012 at 11:32 am
    Wow, xdoclet-1.2.3 is the latest version, which was published in 2005, and there have been whole 14 messages on the developer mailing list and 26 messages on the user mailing list during the last 3 years. I am afraid this project is dead.

    You can download the source code yourself from http://sourceforge.net/projects/xdoclet/files/xdoclet/1.2.3/ and try to understand what's happening, but it didn't look very straightforward at the first sight. Otherwise, you can also try to enable DEBUG-level logging (xdoclet uses commons logging configured via log4j-1.2.8) by passing it a path to configuration file via Java system properties (e.g., "-Dlog4j.configuration=foobar.txt") and using config from here: http://logging.apache.org/log4j/1.2/manual.html

    Kind regards,
    Mikhail Kalkov