We have our files stored in Microsoft Visual Source Safe and not in CVS.
may you please help me how access to VSS files from maven should be
done? i know that maven supports integrating Ant, and Ant supports vss
functions. should this problem be solved by Ant?

Thank you in advance,
Bahaa Nasrallah

  • Tim Stephenson at Feb 3, 2005 at 12:33 am
    I'm afraid I have not come across any particular VSS plugins for maven but as you hint it is easy to embed your VSS task calls in the maven.xml file of your project just as you do in an ant build.xml.

    read this for details of the maven.xml
    http://maven.apache.org/reference/user-guide.html#maven_xml
    The only real difference is using 'goal' tags instead of 'target' - plus you get jelly scripting but you dont have to use it

    and read this for details of the ant tasks for VSS:
    http://ant.apache.org/manual/OptionalTasks/vss.html#tasks

    most VSS features are available though not absolutely everything

    HTH, tim
    We have our files stored in Microsoft Visual Source Safe and not in CVS.
    may you please help me how access to VSS files from maven should be
    done? i know that maven supports integrating Ant, and Ant supports vss
    functions. should this problem be solved by Ant?

    Thank you in advance,
    Bahaa Nasrallah

  • Haile, Mussie at Feb 3, 2005 at 2:09 pm
    I might be wrong but some else asked the same question about a month ago;
    you should check the archive.