Grokbase Groups Maven users May 2003
Eclipse has this wonderful feature where you can define project A to
depend upon project B, C, D etc. Which means, it depends upon the
_current_ development snapshot (=sources) on your harddrive and eclipse
compiles project B, C, D etc as well if required.

Is the same possible in maven??? If yes, how?

I know all the advantages of versioned jars and yes I know the SNAPSHOT
feature.
But it's not the same: You still have to deploy a SNAPSHOT version. Is
there any way get the Eclipse convenience in maven?

A quick hack could be to add "../subprojectB/target/classes" etc. to the
compile classpath. If one knows the jelly sniplet that does that job,
please post.

Martin Skopp
Riege Software International GmbH
Support: mailto:maint@riege.com, Information: http://www.riege.com

This email is intended to be viewed with a nonproportional font.
Public Key on http://www.keyserver.net, Key-ID: 3D4027B5
Fingerprint: 1970 C78D 9A1D 99FA 5CE4 5C0D 29E6 6A95 3D40 27B5

  • Brett Porter at May 28, 2003 at 6:55 am
    It doesn't explictly support it AFAIK, but there are probably a couple
    of alternatives:

    1) if you are using CVS, then have your maven.xml check it out, then run
    <maven:maven/> to build that version
    2) maven:reactor may work with a ".." prefix - not sure. Could try that.
    Alternatively, build a maven.xml at the top level and have the reactor
    build all your projects - it will pick the correct order.

    Cheers,
    Brett
    Eclipse has this wonderful feature where you can define project A to
    depend upon project B, C, D etc. Which means, it depends upon the
    _current_ development snapshot (=sources) on your harddrive and eclipse
    compiles project B, C, D etc as well if required.

    Is the same possible in maven??? If yes, how?

    I know all the advantages of versioned jars and yes I know the SNAPSHOT
    feature.
    But it's not the same: You still have to deploy a SNAPSHOT version. Is
    there any way get the Eclipse convenience in maven?

    A quick hack could be to add "../subprojectB/target/classes" etc. to the
    compile classpath. If one knows the jelly sniplet that does that job,
    please post.

    Brett Porter <bporter@f2network.com.au>
    f2 network

  • Michal Maczka at May 28, 2003 at 8:34 am
    You can use
    <dependency>
    <groupId>foo</groupId>
    <artifactId>foo-baa</artifactId>
    <version>xx</version>
    <type>jar</type>
    <properties>
    <eclipse.dependency>true</eclipse.dependency> <---- This makes a
    trick
    </properties>
    </dependency>

    Try to see the latest, CVS HEAD version of the plugin.

    Michal
[...]

  • Martin Skopp at May 28, 2003 at 8:58 am