Grokbase Groups Maven users May 2003
When invoking the goal test:test, I specify the JVM to fork. However,
the system properties that I am defining with '-D' appear not to be
passed to the new JVM. Here's my command line when invoking Maven:

$ maven -Dcom.susnetdirect.core.config.dir=. test:test

I'd like to set this property in a preGoal to test:test, but haven't
read about any way to do this. Any solution would be fine. Thanks in
advance for answers/comments.

Search Discussions

  • Nicola Degara at May 28, 2003 at 5:50 pm
    Hi everybody!
    I have an old Velocity script that gets data by using Torque from a
    MYSQL database.
    In the Velocity script I use some classes from a custom jar that will
    interface the database.
    Please tell me how can I do to save my old work using Jelly and torque!!

    I need to get data from the db to show it (after a filter with my custom
    library) where I need it through the use of Jelly tags!!
    But the problem is How install my jar , How register torque plug in and
    How call my classes from Jelly?

    Thank you very much

    Nicola Degara

  • Michal Maczka at May 28, 2003 at 7:04 pm
    Try to use:
    maven.junit.sysproperties=...

    for setting properties for your tests..

    Michal
    When invoking the goal test:test, I specify the JVM to fork. However,
    the system properties that I am defining with '-D' appear not to be
    passed to the new JVM. Here's my command line when invoking Maven:

    $ maven -Dcom.susnetdirect.core.config.dir=. test:test

    I'd like to set this property in a preGoal to test:test, but haven't
    read about any way to do this. Any solution would be fine. Thanks in
    advance for answers/comments.

  • Marc Dugger at May 28, 2003 at 7:29 pm
    Thanks, Michal. I had just found this blog entry before reading your
    reply, but I'll post for the archives because it was very helpful:
    http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/2002/12/19.html

    My maven.xml now includes:

    <preGoal name="test:test">
    <j:set var="com.sunset.core.config.dir"
    value="../build/classes"/>
    <!-- define the system property names to be passed into junit
    -->
    <j:set
    var="maven.junit.sysproperties">com.sunset.core.config.dir</j:set>
    </preGoal>
    When invoking the goal test:test, I specify the JVM to fork.
    However,
    the system properties that I am defining with '-D' appear not to be
    passed to the new JVM. Here's my command line when invoking Maven:

    $ maven -Dcom.susnetdirect.core.config.dir=. test:test

    I'd like to set this property in a preGoal to test:test, but haven't
    read about any way to do this. Any solution would be fine. Thanks
    in
    advance for answers/comments.

  • GONNOT boris at May 28, 2003 at 7:28 pm
    You had to define your properties for test in
    the "project.properties".

    For me to define the TEST_ENVIRONMENT and FAKE_DRIVER
    properties, i added this :

    TEST_ENVIRONMENT=com.agf.penelope.TestPenelope
    FAKE_DRIVER=OFF
    maven.junit.sysproperties=TEST_ENVIRONMENT FAKE_DRIVER

    When invoking the goal test:test, I specify the JVM to fork. However,
    the system properties that I am defining with '-D' appear not to be
    passed to the new JVM. Here's my command line when invoking Maven:

    $ maven -Dcom.susnetdirect.core.config.dir=. test:test

    I'd like to set this property in a preGoal to test:test, but haven't
    read about any way to do this. Any solution would be fine. Thanks in
    advance for answers/comments.

    Ce message est protege par les regles relatives au secret des correspondances ; il peut en outre contenir des informations a caractere confidentiel ou protegees par differentes regles et notamment le secret des affaires ; il est etabli a destination exclusive de son destinataire. Toute divulgation, utilisation, diffusion ou reproduction (totale ou partielle) de ce message, ou des informations qu'il contient, doit etre prealablement autorisee.
    Tout message electronique est susceptible d'alteration et son integrite ne peut etre assuree. Les AGF declinent toute responsabilite au titre de ce message s'il a ete modifie ou falsifie.
    Si vous n'etes pas destinataire de ce message, merci de le detruire immediatement et d'avertir l'expediteur de l'erreur de distribution et de la destruction du message.
    This message is protected by the secrecy of correspondence rules ; furthermore it may contain privileged or confidential information that is protected by law, notably by the secrecy of business relations rule ; it is intended solely for the attention of the addressee . Any disclosure, use, dissemination or reproduction (either whole or partial) of this message or the information contained herein is strictly prohibited without prior consent.
    Any electronic message is susceptible to alteration and its integrity can not be assured. AGF declines any responsibility for this message in the event of alteration or falsification..
    If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy it immediately and notify the sender of the wrong delivery and the mail deletion.