Grokbase Groups Maven users May 2003
FAQ
List,
I am having a strange problem. We are behind a firewall and we use a
proxy to connect to the internet.
Now, I installed maven in two machines, like this:

1) A Solaris9 Machine, usual installation, and configure the
build.properties in the home directory of the user.

2) A windows200 with Cygwin in which Maven is working outside our network
using a telephone connection, but for some strange reason when I configure
the build.properties in that machine with the same parameters than in the
Solaris machine, it doesn't work.

So, Anyone know why is this happening? And how can I fix it?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Kind Regards.
*******************************************
Pablo Jejcic
Smartweb Senior system Administrator
http://www.smartweb.rgu.ac.uk
*******************************************
Motivate them train them care about them and make winners out of them we
know that if we treat our employees correctly they'll treat the customers
right and if customers are treated right they'll come back. - J Marriot, Jr.

*******************************************



---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@maven.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@maven.apache.org

Search Discussions

  • Luke Taylor at May 25, 2003 at 3:48 pm

    Pablo Jejcic wrote:

    List,
    I am having a strange problem. We are behind a firewall and we use a
    proxy to connect to the internet.
    Now, I installed maven in two machines, like this:

    1) A Solaris9 Machine, usual installation, and configure the
    build.properties in the home directory of the user.

    2) A windows200 with Cygwin in which Maven is working outside our network
    using a telephone connection, but for some strange reason when I configure
    the build.properties in that machine with the same parameters than in the
    Solaris machine, it doesn't work.

    So, Anyone know why is this happening? And how can I fix it?
    Could you expand on how it doesn't work? Can you run maven at all? I've
    been unable to run any sh scripts in cygwin since I upgraded it a while
    back. e.g. running maven I get

    $ maven
    /home/JDKs/j2sdk1.4.1_02/bin/java: not found
    $

    So I've been using the dos command prompt for running maven (or ant for
    that matter).

    Luke.

    --
    Luke Taylor. Monkey Machine Ltd.
    PGP Key ID: 0x57E9523C http://www.monkeymachine.ltd.uk




    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@maven.apache.org
    For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@maven.apache.org
  • Peter Lynch at May 25, 2003 at 10:17 pm

    Luke Taylor wrote:
    Pablo Jejcic wrote:
    List,
    I am having a strange problem. We are behind a firewall and we use a
    proxy to connect to the internet.
    Now, I installed maven in two machines, like this:

    1) A Solaris9 Machine, usual installation, and configure the
    build.properties in the home directory of the user.

    2) A windows200 with Cygwin in which Maven is working outside our network
    using a telephone connection, but for some strange reason when I
    configure
    the build.properties in that machine with the same parameters than in the
    Solaris machine, it doesn't work.

    So, Anyone know why is this happening? And how can I fix it?
    Could you expand on how it doesn't work? Can you run maven at all? I've
    been unable to run any sh scripts in cygwin since I upgraded it a while
    back. e.g. running maven I get

    $ maven
    /home/JDKs/j2sdk1.4.1_02/bin/java: not found
    $

    So I've been using the dos command prompt for running maven (or ant for
    that matter).

    Luke.
    Luke,

    Just to make sure. You say the Maven shell script doesn't work only or
    any shell script you try to use within cygwin?

    If the former, then we can help figure it out. If the latter, sounds
    like your cygwin is foobared or your path does not have access to 'cygpath'.

    Try typing:

    which cygpath

    on the command line of your cygwin shell.

    Should be in your bin dir.


    -Peter
    -Peter



    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@maven.apache.org
    For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@maven.apache.org
  • Luke Taylor at May 25, 2003 at 11:19 pm

    Peter Lynch wrote:

    Luke,

    Just to make sure. You say the Maven shell script doesn't work only or
    any shell script you try to use within cygwin?
    The latter - it was fine up until a month or two ago when I noticed
    that, after upgrading it with the setup program, it stopped running sh
    scripts which call java (the jboss build, maven, ant etc).
    If the former, then we can help figure it out. If the latter, sounds
    like your cygwin is foobared or your path does not have access to
    'cygpath'.

    Try typing:

    which cygpath

    on the command line of your cygwin shell.

    Should be in your bin dir.
    It is, and cygwin still works fine for the most part. I still use it for
    everything else. This is the sort of thing I get

    $ which java
    /home/JDKs/j2sdk1.4.1_02/bin/java
    $ cygpath -w /home/JDKs/j2sdk1.4.1_02/bin/java
    F:\JDKs\j2sdk1.4.1_02\bin\java
    $ cygpath -u F:\\JDKs\\j2sdk1.4.1_02\\bin\\java
    /home/JDKs/j2sdk1.4.1_02/bin/java
    $ ant
    /home/JDKs/j2sdk1.4.1_02/bin/java: not found
    $ maven
    /home/JDKs/j2sdk1.4.1_02/bin/java: not found
    $ /home/JDKs/j2sdk1.4.1_02/bin/java
    Usage: java [-options] class [args...]
    (to execute a class)
    or java -jar [-options] jarfile [args...]
    (to execute a jar file)

    Never been able to work out why or where it went wrong... It's not a
    huge problem but if anyone can shed any light on it I'd be grateful.

    Luke.

    --
    Luke Taylor. Monkey Machine Ltd.
    PGP Key ID: 0x57E9523C http://www.monkeymachine.ltd.uk




    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@maven.apache.org
    For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@maven.apache.org
  • Peter Lynch at May 25, 2003 at 10:12 pm

    Pablo Jejcic wrote:
    List,
    I am having a strange problem. We are behind a firewall and we use a
    proxy to connect to the internet.
    Now, I installed maven in two machines, like this:

    1) A Solaris9 Machine, usual installation, and configure the
    build.properties in the home directory of the user.

    2) A windows200 with Cygwin in which Maven is working outside our network
    using a telephone connection, but for some strange reason when I configure
    the build.properties in that machine with the same parameters than in the
    Solaris machine, it doesn't work.

    So, Anyone know why is this happening? And how can I fix it?

    Thanks a lot in advance.
    Where did you put the build.properties file on the windows Machine?
    Maven looks in the Java user.home system property. So putting
    build.properties in /home/<your home dir> in cygwin will not work.

    Put it instead in your Windows's home dir.

    Bottom line make sure that the build.properties is actually being found.

    -Peter

    Kind Regards.
    *******************************************
    Pablo Jejcic
    Smartweb Senior system Administrator
    http://www.smartweb.rgu.ac.uk
    *******************************************
    Motivate them train them care about them and make winners out of them we
    know that if we treat our employees correctly they'll treat the customers
    right and if customers are treated right they'll come back. - J Marriot, Jr.

    *******************************************



    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@maven.apache.org
    For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@maven.apache.org


    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@maven.apache.org
    For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@maven.apache.org

Related Discussions

Discussion Navigation
viewthread | post
Discussion Overview
groupusers @
categoriesmaven
postedMay 25, '03 at 1:02p
activeMay 25, '03 at 11:19p
posts5
users3
websitemaven.apache.org
irc#maven

People

Translate

site design / logo © 2019 Grokbase