Grokbase Groups Maven users May 2003
Hi All-

I'm new to Maven and trying (desperately) to perform some xslt
transformations.
When I add jelly:xml to the project tag and later reference the transform
tag (as
the jelly docs imply), maven exits with a ClassNotFoundException.

Two questions:
1. Is there a better way to transform (I tried Ant's xslt only briefly)?
2. Does beta-10 solve this problem (and where is it available - the docs
are posted, but not the src or binaries)?

Thanks!

-Jonathan

Search Discussions

  • Brett Porter at May 21, 2003 at 12:07 am

    Novich, Jonathan wrote:
    Hi All-

    I'm new to Maven and trying (desperately) to perform some xslt
    transformations.
    When I add jelly:xml to the project tag and later reference the
    transform
    tag (as
    the jelly docs imply), maven exits with a ClassNotFoundException.
    Just guessing, but do you have xalan as a dependency in your
    project.xml? If that still doesn't work, you may need to add:
    <properties>
    <classloader>root.maven</classloader>
    </properties>
    To the dependency tag, but I'm not exactly sure as far as Jelly goes.
    Two questions:
    1. Is there a better way to transform (I tried Ant's xslt only
    briefly)?
    I personally use this, but Jelly is just as suitable.
    2. Does beta-10 solve this problem (and where is it available - the
    docs
    are posted, but not the src or binaries)?
    Not yet released - the docs are actually beta-10-SNAPSHOT which actually
    is CVS HEAD. Read the instructions for retrieving the source from CVS
    and building Maven from scratch if you want the latest.

    Cheers,
    Brett

  • Alex Liu at May 21, 2003 at 1:31 am
    Hi,

    Regardless using MAVEN or ANT to perform XSLT transformation, just make sure
    "xalan.jar" is in "$JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/ext" directory. In general, you
    should put all JDBC drivers (ie. classes12.zip), XML parsers (ie.
    xerces.jar) and XSLT (ie. xalan.jar) in "$JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/ext" so that
    they will be loaded by JVM automatically.

    Alex

    I'm new to Maven and trying (desperately) to perform some xslt
    transformations.
    When I add jelly:xml to the project tag and later reference the
    transform
    tag (as
    the jelly docs imply), maven exits with a ClassNotFoundException.

    Two questions:
    1. Is there a better way to transform (I tried Ant's xslt only
    briefly)?
    2. Does beta-10 solve this problem (and where is it available - the
    docs
    are posted, but not the src or binaries)?

    Thanks!

    -Jonathan

  • Novich, Jonathan at May 21, 2003 at 2:20 am
    Hi again-

    Thanks for the help folks.

    Here were the things that worked for me:

    1. Add a dependency in the project.xml file
    <dependency>
    <id>commons-jelly-tags-xml</id>
    <groupId>commons-jelly</groupId>
    <version>20030211.142705</version>
    <properties>
    <classloader>root.maven</classloader>
    </properties>
    </dependency>
    This made sure that I actually had the right jars to find the "xml"
    class.

    2. Make sure to get the right JAXP variable set (d'oh! - so I promptly
    stuffed it in my startup
    script).

    (javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory=org.apache.xalan.processor.Transform
    erFactoryImpl)

    Thanks (and kudos to all the folks involved - it's a great tool!)

    -j

    I'm new to Maven and trying (desperately) to perform some
    xslt transformations. When I add jelly:xml to the project tag
    and later reference the transform tag (as the jelly docs
    imply), maven exits with a ClassNotFoundException.

    Two questions:
    1. Is there a better way to transform (I tried Ant's xslt
    only briefly)? 2. Does beta-10 solve this problem (and where
    is it available - the docs are posted, but not the src or binaries)?

    Thanks!

    -Jonathan

  • Brett Porter at May 21, 2003 at 2:57 am
    You can also set that variable using Jelly - see the docbook plugin for
    an example.

    Cheers,
    Brett