Grokbase Groups Maven users May 2003
Trying to include sysproperty into a jnlp file seems to be giving a weird
result. I went through the jnlp jelly plugin and think I'm using the
correct arguments, but when the jnlp file is generated the value appears to
be wrong.

Project.properties:
maven.jnlp.mainclass.arguments=com.bpc.bcs.ui.CollectorMain.context
com.bpc.bcs.ui.CollectorMain.context=$$context

output jnlp file:
<application-desc main-class="com.bpc.bcs.ui.CollectorMain">
<sysproperty key="com.bpc.bcs.ui.CollectorMain.context"
value="org.apache.commons.jelly.expression.ConstantExpression@4eeaaf[value=$
$context]">
</sysproperty>
</application-desc>

has anyone out there seen this problem?
Ryan

  • Emmanuel Venisse at May 20, 2003 at 5:16 pm
    I think I corrected this problem in plugin.jelly.

    Could you give me the corresponding line in your plugin.jelly?

    Emmanuel
    Trying to include sysproperty into a jnlp file seems to be giving a weird
    result. I went through the jnlp jelly plugin and think I'm using the
    correct arguments, but when the jnlp file is generated the value appears to
    be wrong.

    Project.properties:
    maven.jnlp.mainclass.arguments=com.bpc.bcs.ui.CollectorMain.context
    com.bpc.bcs.ui.CollectorMain.context=$$context

    output jnlp file:
    <application-desc main-class="com.bpc.bcs.ui.CollectorMain">
    <sysproperty key="com.bpc.bcs.ui.CollectorMain.context"
    value="org.apache.commons.jelly.expression.ConstantExpression@4eeaaf[value=$
    $context]">
    </sysproperty>
    </application-desc>

    has anyone out there seen this problem?
    Ryan

  • Sonnek, Ryan at May 20, 2003 at 5:37 pm
    Here you go:

    <application-desc main-class="${maven.jnlp.mainclass}">
    <u:tokenize var="listOfArguments" delim="
    ">${maven.jnlp.mainclass.arguments}</u:tokenize>
    <j:forEach var="someArgument" items="${listOfArguments}">
    <sysproperty key="${someArgument}"
    value="${context.findVariable(someArgument)}"/>
    </j:forEach>
    </application-desc>

[...]

  • Emmanuel Venisse at May 20, 2003 at 5:51 pm
    Ok, you can checkout the new jnlp plugin :
    http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/maven/src/plugins-build/jnlp/

    Emmanuel

[...]

  • Sonnek, Ryan at May 20, 2003 at 5:57 pm
    Excellent,
    Works like a champ now. Thank you VERY much for your quick response!