they remain in their jar files! Is this something other people are having?

Eric Pugh

Search Discussions

  • Aslak Hellesøy at May 13, 2003 at 12:27 pm

    -----Original Message-----
    From: EPugh@upstate.com
    Sent: 13. mai 2003 14:00
    To: users@maven.apache.org
    Subject: Difference between maven.home and maven.home.local?

    Hi all,

    I am trying to do a fresh build of maven from CVS, and I noticie
    that I have
    the maven.home.local directory.

    [echo] maven.home = D:\java\maven
    [echo] maven.home.local = C:\Documents and
    Settings\epugh.CVILLE\.maven
    [echo] maven.repo.local = D:\java\maven\repository

    My issue is that when I finish installing Maven, it places
    everything in the
    maven.home and the maven.home.local However, when I run maven -g, the
    plugins are expanded in maven.home.local, not in my maven.home directory,
    they remain in their jar files! Is this something other people
    are having?
    The reason why they are expanded in a different place is because the
    following patch has been applied:
    http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ViewIssue.jspa?key=MAVEN-302

    (I do believe this issue should have been both assigned to Peter Lynch and
    also resolved and closed)

    Aslak
    Eric Pugh

  • Peter Lynch at May 13, 2003 at 4:14 pm

[...]

    I didn't want it closed until docs were added.

    -Peter

  • Emmanuel Venisse at May 13, 2003 at 12:43 pm
    You can see peter Lynch response :
    http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=turbine-maven-user&m=105254830113139&w=2

    Emmanuel

    I am trying to do a fresh build of maven from CVS, and I noticie that I have
    the maven.home.local directory.

    [echo] maven.home = D:\java\maven
    [echo] maven.home.local = C:\Documents and
    Settings\epugh.CVILLE\.maven
    [echo] maven.repo.local = D:\java\maven\repository

    My issue is that when I finish installing Maven, it places everything in the
    maven.home and the maven.home.local However, when I run maven -g, the
    plugins are expanded in maven.home.local, not in my maven.home directory,
    they remain in their jar files! Is this something other people are having?
    Eric Pugh
  • Epugh at May 13, 2003 at 1:04 pm
    So, it seems that if I set my environment variable:
    MAVEN_HOME_LOCAL=d:\java\maven
    MAVEN_HOME=d:\java\maven

    then everything will work? I tried adding the environment varialbe, and it
    seemed to be good. It definitly did not default to maven_home location.

    I noticed that Peter volunteered to add something to HEAD about this. If
    he doesn't ahve time, I will ..

    Eric

    I am trying to do a fresh build of maven from CVS, and I noticie that I have
    the maven.home.local directory.

    [echo] maven.home = D:\java\maven
    [echo] maven.home.local = C:\Documents and
    Settings\epugh.CVILLE\.maven
    [echo] maven.repo.local = D:\java\maven\repository

    My issue is that when I finish installing Maven, it places everything in the
    maven.home and the maven.home.local However, when I run maven -g, the
    plugins are expanded in maven.home.local, not in my maven.home directory,
    they remain in their jar files! Is this something other people are having?
    Eric Pugh
  • Peter Lynch at May 13, 2003 at 4:13 pm

    EPugh@upstate.com wrote:
    So, it seems that if I set my environment variable:
    MAVEN_HOME_LOCAL=d:\java\maven
    MAVEN_HOME=d:\java\maven

    then everything will work? I tried adding the environment varialbe, and it
    seemed to be good. It definitly did not default to maven_home location.

    I noticed that Peter volunteered to add something to HEAD about this. If
    he doesn't ahve time, I will ..
    That would be great as I am tied up at the moment. Sorry for the
    confusion...

    -Peter

  • Peter Lynch at May 13, 2003 at 4:12 pm
    See issue MAVEN-302

    You may have found a bug, but check the MAVEN-302 description first please.

    -Peter

    EPugh@upstate.com wrote:
    Hi all,

    I am trying to do a fresh build of maven from CVS, and I noticie that I have
    the maven.home.local directory.

    [echo] maven.home = D:\java\maven
    [echo] maven.home.local = C:\Documents and Settings\epugh.CVILLE\.maven
    [echo] maven.repo.local = D:\java\maven\repository

    My issue is that when I finish installing Maven, it places everything in the
    maven.home and the maven.home.local However, when I run maven -g, the
    plugins are expanded in maven.home.local, not in my maven.home directory,
    they remain in their jar files! Is this something other people are having?

    Eric Pugh

  • Epugh at May 13, 2003 at 5:40 pm
    I started to tweak the install document, and then realized, the fact that
    MAVEN_HOME_LOCAL had to be set seems like a bug, correct? Wouldn't by
    default MAVEN_HOME_LOCAL be the same as MAVEN_HOME versus being in my
    personal directory by default?

    It seems to me that I would only ever set MAVEN_HOME_LOCAL if I was doing
    something like distributing Maven on a CD, and therefore shouldn't require
    it being set.

    Eric Pugh

    So, it seems that if I set my environment variable:
    MAVEN_HOME_LOCAL=d:\java\maven
    MAVEN_HOME=d:\java\maven

    then everything will work? I tried adding the environment varialbe, and it
    seemed to be good. It definitly did not default to maven_home location.

    I noticed that Peter volunteered to add something to HEAD about this. If
    he doesn't ahve time, I will ..
    That would be great as I am tied up at the moment. Sorry for the
    confusion...

    -Peter

  • Paulo Eduardo Azevedo Silveira at May 13, 2003 at 8:19 pm
    I also think that setting maven.home.local to maven.home if(!$maven.home.local) would be very nice....

    it is enough to set ant_home, maven_home, maven_repo, java_home.... :)

    So, it seems that if I set my environment variable:
    MAVEN_HOME_LOCAL=d:\java\maven
    MAVEN_HOME=d:\java\maven

    then everything will work? I tried adding the environment varialbe, and it
    seemed to be good. It definitly did not default to maven_home location.

    I noticed that Peter volunteered to add something to HEAD about this. If
    he doesn't ahve time, I will ..
    That would be great as I am tied up at the moment. Sorry for the
    confusion...

    -Peter

  • Dion at May 14, 2003 at 2:04 am
    I'd much rather that MAVEN_HOME_LOCAL wasn't a required setting. I haven't
    bootied in a while and thought that it wasn't. Is this right?
    --
    dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
    Blog: http://www.freeroller.net/page/dion/Weblog

[...]

  • Peter Lynch at May 15, 2003 at 4:06 am

    dion@multitask.com.au wrote:
    I'd much rather that MAVEN_HOME_LOCAL wasn't a required setting. I haven't
    bootied in a while and thought that it wasn't. Is this right?
    --
    dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
    Blog: http://www.freeroller.net/page/dion/Weblog
    Work: http://www.multitask.com.au
    It is not required.

    -Peter

  • Peter Lynch at May 15, 2003 at 4:05 am

    EPugh@upstate.com wrote:
    I started to tweak the install document, and then realized, the fact that
    MAVEN_HOME_LOCAL had to be set seems like a bug, correct? Wouldn't by
    default MAVEN_HOME_LOCAL be the same as MAVEN_HOME versus being in my
    personal directory by default?

    It seems to me that I would only ever set MAVEN_HOME_LOCAL if I was doing
    something like distributing Maven on a CD, and therefore shouldn't require
    it being set.
    As far as I intended when applying the patch, MAVEN_HOME_LOCAL is not
    required to be set. If not set, then it's default is ${user.home}/.maven
    as specified in driver.properties.

    How are you determining that MAVEN_HOME_LOCAL needs setting??

    -Peter

  • Epugh at May 14, 2003 at 7:57 am
    I haven't logged this as a bug, because I am not positive.. Can anyone else
    chime in with CVS head on this? For me, it ended up being a required
    setting for Maven running on Win2000.

    Eric Pugh

    So, it seems that if I set my environment variable:
    MAVEN_HOME_LOCAL=d:\java\maven
    MAVEN_HOME=d:\java\maven

    then everything will work? I tried adding the environment varialbe,
    and
    it
    seemed to be good. It definitly did not default to maven_home
    location.
    I noticed that Peter volunteered to add something to HEAD about
    this.
    If
    he doesn't ahve time, I will ..
    That would be great as I am tied up at the moment. Sorry for the
    confusion...

    -Peter

  • Ben Walding at May 14, 2003 at 8:02 am
    Wasn't required on WinXP

    Just defaulted to my user profile area (which I hate, but can live with
    as a default)

    EPugh@upstate.com wrote:
[...]

  • Incze Lajos at May 14, 2003 at 8:20 pm